Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Jorges Diamond x3 (Soil) 12/12

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,565 Times

Will be fine happens in nature alot we are never guaranteed 12 hrs sun a day! 5days of 18/6 after topping at day 32 is fine. More worried about the soil probs i keep having hopefully the earth sorts it out now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maenam For This Useful Post:

Boogieman (03-08-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,268 Times

Quote Originally Posted by maenam View Post
    Will be fine happens in nature alot we are never guaranteed 12 hrs sun a day! 5days of 18/6 after topping at day 32 is fine. More worried about the soil probs i keep having hopefully the earth sorts it out now.
    I am sorry but no sun due to clouds or shade or whatever is not dark the same as interrupting dark period. This is why plants deal ok with interruption of light phase (so you can turn off light, change there intensity, shorten light perdio etc nothing will happen unless you overdo it) but if there is light in their dark phase it is asking for hermies. Hopefully nothing happens but I wouldn't do that again.

If you don't have to trust me look it up:
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/male-pla...hrodite-plants

Quote:
    2.) Avoid Inconsistent Flowering Light Periods & Light Leaks

Keep indoor lights on timer, and avoid changing the schedule if possible

In flowering - At least 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness every dark period. Avoid short dark periods!

Do not interrupt the plant’s 12-hour dark period with light for any reason. It is better to have a too-long light period (up to 36 hours) or a too-long dark period than a short dark period. If you must change the schedule, it’s better to have a longer dark period than a shortened one.

Why? During the dark period your plant is “counting” the hours until sunlight appears, and interrupting this process is one of the most common ways to stress the plant to produce bananas or hermies

Along with the point above, make sure you do not have any light leaks in your tent, which would allow light to filter in during the dark period

Here’s a message we recently received from one of our readers, to give you an example of the sorts of problems growers may run into with light schedules and light leaks:

Subject: Bad timer

Message: Great site! Have you ever had a timer stick on for a day? I corrected the problem, but I don't know what's going to happen now. It kept the lights on for 22 hours before I got home and discovered this. It was set for 12-12. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Answer: When this type of thing happens, it’s important to correct your timer as soon as possible, but don’t worry about it too much if it happens just for one day. It's okay if it happens once, but be careful not to let it happen again. Messing up the light schedule can cause hermies.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to leyus For This Useful Post:

maenam (04-08-14)

Thanks

don't worry I wont do it again especially not during flowering....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to maenam For This Useful Post:

leyus (05-08-14)

Thanks

Day 49 week 2F

Fed with Earth nutes @ 1.6EC.

All good not much growth since top. great smell though.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maenam For This Useful Post:

Boogieman (07-08-14), Oxy (10-08-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,551 Times

Quote Originally Posted by leyus View Post
    I hope you did not confused them. Switching grows on phot from shorter to longer often creates hermies. Simply plant doesn't know what is going on because it never occurs in nature outside seedling phase and just in case produce both sexes. If that happens it is disaster.
    It's not a disaster as such man. You will have lots of seeds you can plant in the future, it doesn't mean all the seeds will be hermies but the genetics will be a little more predominant.

The power plant I'm currently growing was from hermie stock but it's female. You will have to pick seeds and bud won't be quite as top quality as it could have been but it will be a productive learning curve for you

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobrolo For This Useful Post:

leyus (07-08-14), maenam (05-08-14)

Thanks

They are perfectly healthy no hermies here.....

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maenam For This Useful Post:

bigginge87 (05-08-14), Boogieman (07-08-14), leyus (07-08-14)

Thanks

Its been a massive struggle with temps in loft since day 1 nearly a year ago im currently fighting for 30-35oc everyday, i dont like the coverage or bulk of the cool tube either.

been looking closely at you led boys especially boogie and leyus and now oxyman got one its proof enough they work so got myself a Vipar B3X3 light arrives Monday : )

pics and tech sheet to follow....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to maenam For This Useful Post:

Boogieman (07-08-14)

Thanks

400W VIPAR B3X3 LED

This powerful grow light delivers intense, even coverage in a spectrum that your plants will love. The B3X3 was designed and engineered from the ground up to enable you to produce year on year of top quality produce from your favourite plants. That's years of stress free growing with a return on investment after your first grow!

COVERAGE & INTENSITY

The B3X3 uses a combination of 135 x 3W LEDs and 80 degree secondary lenses to deliver intense and even coverage to your favourite plants. The B3X3 has a coverage area of 3FT x 3FT. The B3X3 provides enough light for up to 9 flowering plants within that area, or a few plants would make for an awesome SCROG.

ONE SPECTRUM FITS ALL - SEED, VEG + FLOWER - IT'S ALL GOOD

Our spectrum is made up of a tried and tested blend of colours which are suited to all stages of the plants life with a focus on flowering, to ensure that you get the yield you are after.

LOW HEAT - RUNS COOL TO THE TOUCH, PUTS YOU IN CONTROL

The B3X3 features a 3 part heat management system, consisting of an MCPCB (No cheap plastic here), finned aluminium heat sinks and 2 x 120mm fans. This keeps your plants and the LEDs nice and cool. No more battling with excessive temperatures in the grow room.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Coverage: 3FT x 3FT (90CM X 90CM)
    Function: Ideal for both VEG & FLOWER
    Spectrum: B(440nm/460nm), R(630nm/660nm) & W(3000K)
    LED Quantity: 135 x 3W Bridgelux LED
    Secondary Lens Angle: 90°
    Total Power: 225 Watts
    Voltage: AC85-264V (Worldwide Function)
    Rated Lifespan: 50,000+ Hours
    Dimensions: 402x402x70mm
    Warranty: 1 Year UK Warranty
    Last edited by maenam; 07-08-14 at 03:41 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maenam For This Useful Post:

Boogieman (07-08-14), Bustergonads (07-08-14), leyus (07-08-14), Oxy (10-08-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maenam View Post
    400W VIPAR B3X3 LED

This powerful grow light delivers intense, even coverage in a spectrum that your plants will love. The B3X3 was designed and engineered from the ground up to enable you to produce year on year of top quality produce from your favourite plants. That's years of stress free growing with a return on investment after your first grow!

COVERAGE & INTENSITY

The B3X3 uses a combination of 135 x 3W LEDs and 80 degree secondary lenses to deliver intense and even coverage to your favourite plants. The B3X3 has a coverage area of 3FT x 3FT. The B3X3 provides enough light for up to 9 flowering plants within that area, or a few plants would make for an awesome SCROG.

ONE SPECTRUM FITS ALL - SEED, VEG + FLOWER - IT'S ALL GOOD

Our spectrum is made up of a tried and tested blend of colours which are suited to all stages of the plants life with a focus on flowering, to ensure that you get the yield you are after.

LOW HEAT - RUNS COOL TO THE TOUCH, PUTS YOU IN CONTROL

The B3X3 features a 3 part heat management system, consisting of an MCPCB (No cheap plastic here), finned aluminium heat sinks and 2 x 120mm fans. This keeps your plants and the LEDs nice and cool. No more battling with excessive temperatures in the grow room.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Coverage: 3FT x 3FT (90CM X 90CM)
    Function: Ideal for both VEG & FLOWER
    Spectrum: B(440nm/460nm), R(630nm/660nm) & W(3000K)
    LED Quantity: 135 x 3W Bridgelux LED
    Secondary Lens Angle: 90°
    Total Power: 225 Watts
    Voltage: AC85-264V (Worldwide Function)
    Dimensions: 402x402x70mm
    Warranty: 1 Year UK Warranty
    whats the prices of these

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bustergonads For This Useful Post:

maenam (07-08-14)

Thanks

I paid £179.99 but seen them on bay for up to £260. This is my 5th set of grow lights in 10months hopefully LED solves my long running light saga : )

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maenam For This Useful Post:

bigginge87 (07-08-14), Boogieman (07-08-14), Oxy (10-08-14)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast