Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2 sunflowers 1 tomato - grow diary

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,268 Times

Quote Originally Posted by chufuginlookinat View Post
    Spray again, what it does is cover them in soap and they cant breath.....you thought i was gonna say 'slip over all the time' didnt you

It was just a question as to why you wouldnt experiment with a canna plant that was all mate, wasnt having a pop. I have some chillies toms and some cracking Orchids that ive had for their 3rd year now one with 29 flowers on and another with 26 on, beautys they are.

Nice collection you have there mate.

atb
    It's not you it is me I feel a bit guilty about carbon footprint I create to grow those. Fair enough with weed, crop is worth it and I don't rly have a choice but with those it is my guilt talking It's just that every last 2 grows something went a bit wrong (although to be fair my outdoor grows took me around 2-3 seasons before I got all right) and some grow room improvements that need to happen are due (improvements to silencer, and rearranging filter and fan order) so I wanted to do this project to improve and to delay grow room adaptations that are needed. And I rly don't want any more weed, 8 ounces already look suspicious if anything happens, I want to smoke through some and then get some fresh strains. Another grow would move me from 8 ounces to around 14. I wish it was legal I would just share half of it with medical patients and get some more strains on board.

For how many days should I spray it and should it be a lot or just a little bit?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,995 Times

Oh yeah...carbon foot print...you bad person lol

Just keep soaking them, i use that and Meths on the Roses for those little green fly that just cover the stems. But i dont eat the roses so not sure on the meths for the toms

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chufuginlookinat For This Useful Post:

leyus (18-08-14)

Thanks

So I'm spraying and spraying and there is way less of them then there was but still they are not out completely. So next reasonable step would be sand however I just ordered coco for my next grow and I read it is immune to gnats because it dries very fast, maybe instead of wasting money on sand I should try top layer of coco on top of soil. Will that work?

Thanks

What about covering the post with something tight, duct tape?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chufuginlookinat View Post
    What about covering the post with something tight, duct tape?
    Will that help ? I think I prefer to buy sand then lock them with my plant it's 9 million to 1 plant is going to give in

7. The Following User Says Thank You to leyus For This Useful Post:

chufuginlookinat (27-08-14)

Thanks

Dont know mate Why not? As long as its tight round the stem.

Sand is probably much easier i suppose. Just they will stick to the tape.....maybe.

Thanks

I lost my patience stoned today I bough gnat off for like £8. Sure I could had sand for like £5 but £3 is not much difference and I am guessing sand takes time too while gnat off will destroy them.

Thanks

Pictures of other plants will follow shortly.

Gnat off arrived today but I watered all my plants like 2 days ago and I transplant some household plants around 2 days ago so I would prefer not to shock them. I assume to get rid of those gnats/flies I need to use it at the same time on all my plants so none survive (households and vegetables). So I am thinking:

1. Water with gnat off but just surface using around 1 l (will that be enough?)
    2. Wait about 5 days till transplanted plants are adapt and other plants are dry and then use heavy on all of them.

Which one should I do?

I am more into 1 because I hate those gnats I want them out asap, but that is risky for 2 of my favored household plants that I just transplanted.

Thanks

I used option number 1 I just can't stand hordes of them flying around.

Thanks

As soon as tomatoes finish fully (they are not very big but I forgot to water it for a while) I will remove sunflowers and whole grow. None of the tested methods (including gnat off) managed to eliminate flies, all of them just decreased number of it with gnat off being most efficient (95% gone but still few flying around). I even put my fan to max (when i normally use only 60% ) because I read they don't like it. Only method I didn't test was sand because I would have to use it on my household plants and I would prefer not to do that.

This grow wasn't a complete disaster but it was worst I had so far, gnats, temperature, under watering and recently also massive light leaks. I got my lesson, don't grow during summer and react faster to infestation. I am not sure will I even eat those tomatoes since gnat off was used whole fruit grow time.

Size of tomatoes clearly shows that 300W is not enough light and most likely 600 W or 700W should give better size of fruits, however as I am not a heavy smoker I won't be upgrading because I simply don't need to score maximum yield possible. Of course pot size and under-watering must had certain effect but as I said, tomatoes could be bigger but they are not terribly small if you take into account so many problems.

My next grow starts in October or later and it will be cannabis grow again. I am leaving organic growing and going to dark side, usually called : coco.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to leyus For This Useful Post:

chufuginlookinat (23-09-14)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast