Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ventilation - The basics

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Got a 4amp SMSCON Hybrid Pro today. Min fan speed set to 2, temps a solid 27 degrees C and oh so quiet. Bliss! Spoke the guy in the hydro shop today and he said he's tested the RAM controllers on lots of different fans and only had a problem with loud buzzing on one of them. Seems to be the individual fan rather than the model. Strange.

Anyhow thanks again for posting this. I've straightened out the ducting as much as possible and have a pillow over the end of the ducting exhaust. Muffles the sound quite nicely. Couple of weeks and the 600 HPS will get fitted so we'll see how the fan copes then.

Cheers again, C
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Jesse Pinkman (12-08-14), My Tent Or Yours (14-04-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

Your welcome C, Sweet mate happy days. 4amp will handle some power good choice there! Xiting times then if your just waiting for your light now, do some dry runs in your groom with light on before you start anything off in there so you'll know min/max temps ect and can iron out any tweaks before you start the girls off.
    Atb and good luck on venture pal
    Jesse

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

My Tent Or Yours (14-04-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Bit late for that dude!

Flipped this morning, fans whispering away. Might just have to get an intake fan though as I don't like the idea of the passive vents open during lights off as there is a fair bit of daylight in the room.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ha ok try putting a black tight over the inlet for now will help with some of the light creeping in/out and will also protect the tent from insects and the like finding their way in

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

Cunning (15-08-14), My Tent Or Yours (14-04-15), She's-a-Lady (21-12-14)

On the ning-nang-nong where the cows say bong.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,099 Times

Great Sticky, thank you.
    Im so sorry to ask a question that is probably quite obvious, I have bought a rhino rvk and cf 6''. I also got a TT 125 4'' extractor fan that came with my set up, can I make the TT extractor my intake fan? Every time I think I may have a clue another question bamboozles me!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to She's-a-Lady For This Useful Post:

Jesse Pinkman (08-09-14), My Tent Or Yours (14-04-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by She's-a-Lady View Post
    Great Sticky, thank you.
    Im so sorry to ask a question that is probably quite obvious, I have bought a rhino rvk and cf 6''. I also got a TT 125 4'' extractor fan that came with my set up, can I make the TT extractor my intake fan? Every time I think I may have a clue another question bamboozles me!
    Course u can

McPuffin

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McPuffin For This Useful Post:

Jesse Pinkman (08-09-14), My Tent Or Yours (14-04-15), She's-a-Lady (08-09-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by She's-a-Lady View Post
    Great Sticky, thank you.
    Yeah mate like Mcpuffin said theres no problem with that, so long as you maintain negative pressure you'll be fine.
    I.e if the extraction fan is slowed down via a fan speed controller but the inlet fan isnt controlled and is just left set on max you could be possibly pulling more air in the groom than the extraction fan can expell, So groom would not be under negative pressure and you would have smell escapes. With that in mind either leave them both on same speeds or use a controller that controlls both.
    Atb
    Jesse

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

My Tent Or Yours (14-04-15), She's-a-Lady (08-09-14)

Thanks

^^twin controller for the win!

McPuffin

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McPuffin For This Useful Post:

Jesse Pinkman (09-09-14), My Tent Or Yours (14-04-15), She's-a-Lady (21-12-14)

On the ning-nang-nong where the cows say bong.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,099 Times

Thank you all for being so kind and putting up with the constant questions I am awaiting some deliveries during this week, and once here I think I will be happy when I can get on with actually setting up instead of thinking about it and worrying, Ive changed so much from my original set up, and im glad I have, although I will just have loads of questions accompanied by photos when im set up! Where does this bit go? blah blah! I feel sorry for you. I would like to say im low maintenance, in life I am, however when it comes to growing I know im gonna be a pain in the arse!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to She's-a-Lady For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 34,377 Times

Question

any help chaps would be sweet , this set up???

Quote Originally Posted by Oxy View Post

or it would be easier for me this time round to, fit filter up in attic so its will be ...attic, filter, fan, tent , whats the crack will it still work as efficient??? .. attic, fan, filter, tent as above ??? what would you guys do ,

jesse mukka any chance in slapping up a poll?? lol i don't know which way to fit it this time round .. any advice would be as always top notch ,, thanks

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oxy For This Useful Post:

FACE (13-11-14), My Tent Or Yours (14-04-15)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast