Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Legalize cannabis uk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    No people do not choose to be poor they choose to do nothing about it!
    & I'm a good example of someone who decided they didn't want to be poor! 6 weeks ago I had a huge crossroad in my life & poor was not an option....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

AND (04-07-18), British green (09-07-18), GEORGE (04-07-18), Ironman (04-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

British green (09-07-18), GEORGE (04-07-18), Ironman (04-07-18), M_C (04-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    & I'm a good example of someone who decided they didn't want to be poor! 6 weeks ago I had a huge crossroad in my life & poor was not an option....
    Everyone has an option, it just depends how hard you want to make it for yourself.

The grass is now greener for you MC😉

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

AND (04-07-18), British green (09-07-18), GEORGE (04-07-18), M_C (04-07-18)

Thanks

I started smoking when I was young and I can say it kept me away from booze , back then it was for fun , these days it’s my medicine. Got a doctor to give me my licence.,and can say the quality at despenserys is top notch gear, not to mention much better prices then black market and no longer have to get it from the same guys that are selling poison.. Being that Canada has recently passed the law to make pot legal for use recreationally it will be interesting to see what our government is gonna do , and my hopes are that there will be less people exposed to all that hard shit on the streets and less overdoses each year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WizardoftheNorth For This Useful Post:

AND (05-07-18), GEORGE (05-07-18)

Macky Guest

As we go further into the future, and automation takes more and more jobs, there will be more poor people.

Self driving cars will be here within 20 years, transport takes around 20% of all jobs. Taxi, delivery driver, ambulance, fire engine, planes, trains, once they are all controlled by a machine, what jobs do the people get instead?

Amazon go, a shop with zero staff! Where do those people go for jobs?

Google deep mind, can now take phone calls, and book appointments , pretty soon, call centre jobs, personal assistance, anyone who answers a phone, will be without a job too

It’s all good to get angry at the amount we are taxed, and the amount of people out there with no job leaching from the country, but at the end of the day, population is rising, jobs are falling, we are running out of clean water, running out of food. The animals are all dying off, we have global warming, so much shit to deal with in the future, we need to be changing the strategy all together to suit the modern world.

We need to tax the rich! It was their choice to be rich ( ) they need to pay their fair share!! More than fifty percent of new wealth generated goes to the top one percent! With one family owning more than half of the worlds population. It’s a bigger problem of a few unemployed guys leaching off the taxes. It the rich mother fuckers ripping everyone off, and paying for the media to tell us who to blame!

Don’t fall for the shit, the government, the bankers, the pharma guys, and the arms dealers, are stealing all the money. Not the unemployed, the disabled, the immigrants.

Stoned morning rant over, hope I get my point across there... lol

Sent from: Me, to space, and then to you

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (05-07-18), GEORGE (05-07-18), ggotch (05-07-18), Ironman (05-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

I'm safe, not going to be a machine to replace me in my lifetime

I think the unemployed should be paid by government to work not sit at home doing nothing, plenty of stuff needs doing at local level let alone around the country

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

British green (09-07-18), GEORGE (05-07-18), Ironman (05-07-18), M_C (05-07-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    I'm safe, not going to be a machine to replace me in my lifetime

I think the unemployed should be paid by government to work not sit at home doing nothing, plenty of stuff needs doing at local level let alone around the country
    That won’t work, one, it’s a form of slave Labour, two, it takes more jobs from the market. Like this Poundland thing they got going on. Send people on the dole to work at pound lan, for free. Let’s say the send 1k people to do that, that’s taken 1k actual paying jobs from the market! If the way you suggest was to go ahead. Why not make everyone unemployed, fire them all, make them redundant get them on the dole, and then go force them to do the job they had before, but for nothing, as they’re on the dole.

It won’t work, look at the bigger picture man

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

bazilbrush (05-07-18), GEORGE (05-07-18)

Macky Guest

Give every, every one! A basic universal income.this will keep crime low, and poverty non existent. That’s good for society. At the same time then, people who are working will get more! Sit at home and do fuck all if you want, but you’ll have no holidays, no fancy car, no real luxury, but leisure time. Those who work, will then have better pay, as there will be less people looking for work, which will drive up demand for employees, raising the wages.

We get the big companies that make billions a year to pay for their fair share, and we also, cap personal income to 100 million, no one will ever need more than that.

Doing things like that, will work, and it does seem unfair to some extent. But we have to work as a species rather than individuals. If we keep up with this capitalist, personal wealth shit, where everyone sits on their money and it can’t be used in the economy, we are going to go no where!

If we worked together, and shared the wealth and progression evenly, there will be more opportunity for progression.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

bazilbrush (05-07-18), GEORGE (05-07-18), Ironman (05-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    No people do not choose to be poor they choose to do nothing about it!

I've paid tax and NI for 20 years and I've been to hospital 3 times in my life and that was to have my children. Children of which I go to work for to earn money so that they wont be poor. Its called looking after your own.

If I want to get fat which btw I'm far from it, I will. Why should I continually pay for everybody else's treatments that don't work, earn or have never paid any NI into the pot?

Look at it this way.

Your next holiday abroad will cost you £2000 this year. Next year it's going to be an identical holiday but it's going to cost you £3750 because your paying for someone else who does fuck all for the country to go. The NHS is exactly the same.

If this country did more "looking after their own" then my taxes and NI would not be increasing constantly.

If you read my post properly you would see that I'm not drawing a comparison between legalizing cannabis and the sugar tax. I was using the sugar tax and the NHS to explain my thoughts on "Personal choice".

So what your saying really is, because I've worked my bollox off for years and I can afford private health care I should pay for you to get what I get too?

How about this, work as hard as I have and earn what you need to look after yourself and your family, then nobody needs hand outs.

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒
    If only it was as simple as work hard get more money. Some of us are lucky enough that we are able to have a level of independence, not everyone is. I don't have kids but my taxes go towards your children's education, this doesn't mean I resent that or feel that I shouldn't pay towards it. The way I see it is that tax money goes towards their education and one day they will contribute to society, they may end up working for me and a better educated child will likely do a better job as an adult. The same with healthcare, you pay class 4 so I guess you work for yourself, plenty who do can't afford private healthcare. What happens when they get ill/injured and can't get the treatment they need to get back to work is they end up having to rely on the state. Is it not better to give them health care and enable them to be a contributing member of society?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JanetD For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-07-18), Ironman (05-07-18), Valentina (05-07-18)

Macky Guest

We ain’t there yet though, but this is the plan we need to be heading towards as automation takes over

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-07-18), Ironman (05-07-18)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast