Thread: Quick drying sample buds using the sun.

Monty Bong Guest

Default Quick drying sample buds using the sun.

I read about this method a while ago, I think it works pretty well, so thought I would post it up.

You need a prop and a kitchen sieve or similar. (something to put the bud on inside the prop that won't let moisture collect on it)

Put the sieve in the prop and put the bud on the sieve. then leave it sitting in direct sunlight for about 4 hrs. (I know light is supposed to deteriorate THC, but this is just for sample buds or emergencies )

It needs to be quite a hot day for this to work. After a while moisture will collect on the lid of the prop while the bud dries under the sun, I think this helps give the bud a slight cure because there is no harshness when smoked, I find the bud has a slight peppery taste which isn't unpleasent at all.

The bud was put outdoors at about 11am today....

Moisture collecting on the lid after about half an hour....

This is after about 2 hours....

4 hours...

It's quite a dense little bud and it's bone dry throughout, grinds up well, tastes better than any other quick dry method I have tried.

Well worth a try imo

Thanks

nice one for sharing that mate, wicked method! and only a few hours
    The Ganja Farmers First Indoor Grow with Bagseed!

Finished! R.I.P Ladies....

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

nice post monty ,i will definately try this when i harvest on my roof garden in september .
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

Thanks

i do this all the time on my window sill just put it on a tissue and sit in sun for a hour and its dry

blurry-vision Guest

I only quick dry the lower buds so the fact this method is a bit crude matters not.

Simple place bud in brown paper bag, leave on top of a warm radiator for a few hours.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Monty Bong View Post
    I read about this method a while ago, I think it works pretty well, so thought I would post it up.

You need a prop and a kitchen sieve or similar. (something to put the bud on inside the prop that won't let moisture collect on it)

Put the sieve in the prop and put the bud on the sieve. then leave it sitting in direct sunlight for about 4 hrs. (I know light is supposed to deteriorate THC, but this is just for sample buds or emergencies )

Perfect, like you say for emergency testing, i'll have a lil go at that, its the same principal as a desert condensation water still, likewise for emergencies

Thanks

wow that looks realy well dryed, looks better than anything iv ever dryed quickly
    ill def try this next time im desperate for a smoke and attack my plants, needs must sometimes matey

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,125 Times

oooh well your full of great ideas you thats wicked Monty, great little tip there

Thanks

wonder if it would work under a HID for same amount of time hhhmmm

Thanks

Thx for the tip!
    I am deffo gonna try that after my next harvest, should be in about a month
    What would harvest day be without a taste