Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Raspberry Pi Automated Growing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by talentsleeping View Post
    This is right up my alley. After the missus complaining about the growing I have decided to build a discreet cabinet and this might be the jewel in it's crown.

I have a fair knowledge or python and Java, but haven't messed around since uni. Might have to take the plunge and buy one of the new PI's
    Just popped back, I'm glad to have inspired someone to take it up themselves. I really like the idea of using the wireless sockets, negates the potential safety risk of making your own HV switching.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMuse For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-08-16)

Thanks

This is brilliant. How difficult would be to hook up PH and EC probes to this system?

Thanks

Hows this wee project been going?

I've been playing about with coding on the Pi and a wee bit with Arduino too. Giving me far too many ideas.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ManiacalCrab For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-08-16)

Thanks

I was thinking of something like this myself, however, never got round to it.

On the power cut problem though, couldn't you just plug the pi into a small ups backup? those things use minimal power and would last forever on an ups.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Craigjw For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-08-16)

Thanks

There are a few ways now of keeping a Pi going without external power. .

Arduino do a thing that takes a 3.3v Li-Po battery from something like a Tablet and up Volt it to 5V to run a Pi.

I seen a thing on Kickstarter yesterday that does much the same but you can use pretty much any battery up to 20V, it can be programmed to switch the Pi on and off on a timer too. Or considering you're going to lose everything else in a power cut anyway. There's another Add-on board that takes just a watch battery but keeps the Date and Time going. So in theory when the power comes back on you should start back into your cycle.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ManiacalCrab For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-08-16)

Thanks

What sort of control do you have here mate are you using stop/ start or P.I.D? More for your humidity controll as lights and fans can only be off and on.

This looks mint I'm gonna try building a similar controller using a small plc. But that's mainly because I've only programmed in ladder logic previously. The raspberry pi is a much cheaper option.

you're a towel

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,947 Times

If someone gets round to getting this running that'd be awesome, I haven't got the skills to program it myself but have used arduino for other projects

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ezroller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

You'll get more light on your plants, if you would turn that bulb sideways. Nice looking plants.

Thanks

Well, time has gotten round and I have now bought the sensors and relay to make this work for my own cab.

Any chance you could post the code, so that I may use it as a base for my system please.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Craigjw For This Useful Post:

JamesJoyce (25-08-17)

Thanks

Very good idea
    I use rpi need to try it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4