Thread: Type of CFL for autoflower

Thanks

Default Type of CFL for autoflower

How do autoflower seeds work? Can I use a red spectrum bulb or do I need a dual spectrum? Which will give me the best yield

Thank you

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

Autoflower works by age of the plant rather than light periods. An autoflower starts to flower, usually, at about 18-24 days from germination regardless of light periods.

Yes you can use red spectrum CFL lighting all the way through the grow (I used to ) but a dual spectrum bulb should give better results across the whole grow
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

Again m_c many thanks for your help! gonna get a dual spec! It's a shame none of the local grow shops supply duel spec, will have to opt for ebay

Cheers again bud

Thanks

try amazon theres loads on there decent prices too

peace

Thanks

I bought a dual-spec 200w CFL from Amazon costing me only £29.99 cant go wrong.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

I bought a 250w HPS ballast & reflector (new) for £1.98 ... but that's a story for another day...

Thanks

I bought a DR125 ( motorbike) for 0.99p on ebay one time lol and when we picked it up he even give me the change back from a £1 lol
    Sorry to go off topic ><

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jayjaymozza For This Useful Post:

M_C (08-08-14)

Thanks

Ideally you want 6500k(blue) for veg .Then after your plants vegetation stage stretch stops ( around day 30-35 ) you want to switch to 2700k(red) for flowering stage, and of course adjust nutrients accordingly..but I have grown with dual specs with nice results..stay cool Boogie
    Last edited by Boogieman; 09-08-14 at 10:23 PM.

ganjagunman Guest

Ive had an afghan auto under a 600w hps from seed, started flowering at day 17 crazy growth it looks different everyday. Id go with a 300w dual spec if its just one or two plants if you dont want to go HPS.