Thread: Autoflower on 12/12 ?

ganjagunman Guest

Default Autoflower on 12/12 ?

I put an afghan autoflower in my tent with 2 other female photoperiod plants which are 5 weeks old. The auto is only just over 2 weeks old. They are under 600w HPS. Just wondering if its going to do it any good or not. Only just dawned on me its only getting 12/12 instead of 18/6 or 20/4 they usually recommend.

Cheers

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,782 Times

It won't hurt the autos, although, obviously, the more hours of light they have the better the yeild
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ganjagunman View Post
    I put an afghan autoflower in my tent with 2 other female photoperiod plants which are 5 weeks old. The auto is only just over 2 weeks old. They are under 600w HPS. Just wondering if its going to do it any good or not. Only just dawned on me its only getting 12/12 instead of 18/6 or 20/4 they usually recommend.

Cheers
    Yeah 12/12 is ok but better to have more hours for autos if you can,more hours of light more bud but you will still have quite a good harvest

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,995 Times

As said, needs more really.

You could just put a none auto on 12/12 next time, much the same only cheaper seeds easier to control.

ganjagunman Guest

I ran 18/6 with the other plants up until last week. Will see. all good fun

ganjagunman Guest

Thought id update it she is a awesome little plant, been flowering since day 18, shes 21 days today. Such a perfect little plant with a beautiful shade of green. I will grow more of these !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Afghan Auto Day 21.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	270587

Also got a advanced seeds blue diesel auto i adopted after mates mum busted him with it, saved it from the bin but no pics as of yet seedlings are nothing exciting lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

JB (30-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,708 Times

Doing exactly this with two melon gum autos seedlings running 12/12 along side flowering photos.

Couple of weeks behind you so good to see your plant doing so well. When I'm around I've been taking them out of the tent at lights off for a day by the window sill to top up the hours of light. Figured it can't hurt too much. Only actually managed to do it a few times though.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dbol View Post
    Doing exactly this with two melon gum autos seedlings running 12/12 along side flowering photos.

Couple of weeks behind you so good to see your plant doing so well. When I'm around I've been taking them out of the tent at lights off for a day by the window sill to top up the hours of light. Figured it can't hurt too much. Only actually managed to do it a few times though.
    Just a heads up, this thread was started in 2014 lol.

I wouldn't bother putting them on the window sill, if you're running them on 12/12 then run them on 12/12 and learn from your mistake next time. Too much of a security risk if you ask me to have them on your window sill (unless they are seedlings).
    My Wonderful world of mystery —> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rld-of-mystery

If I or anyone else has answered your question in the growing questions and answers section please mark it as "Answered". It helps keep the forum tidy!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (30-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,708 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SyRaX View Post
    Just a heads up, this thread was started in 2014 lol.

I wouldn't bother putting them on the window sill, if you're running them on 12/12 then run them on 12/12 and learn from your mistake next time. Too much of a security risk if you ask me to have them on your window sill (unless they are seedlings).
    Lmao. Didn't even notice that.

Yeah, they're seedlings. I said that in my post. It's not a mistake either, it's a mater of necessity and for the price of two seeds hardly anything to worry about.

Take it easy bro.