Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fan speed controller making fan loud?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Doing away with the cooltube would be a great idea! I've only got 2 plants on the go but it's little money for peace of mind. This venting business is noisy!
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

ganjagunman Guest

I can't really see any disadvantages with the cooltube, other than it wastes a bit of tent space, i know the reflection isnt as good but i can touch the glass under the bulb and hold it there and not get burnt, ive got the light literally inches from my 2 big girls at the minute to stop them stretching

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Fair one. If you run out of room you can always pull it out

ganjagunman Guest

I think after this grow is done im gonna get a larger tent and do it all properly at the minute everything works well and in sync. I think id have got away with a 5" RVK but my cooltube is 6", was rocking 22 degrees in there a minute ago with the door open, so i shut the living room door and closed the tent to bring it back up to around 25 - 26 lol

Thanks

I have the same issue 6 inch ruck fan , rhino filter. I have got acoustic ducting and the fan itself inside a box stuffed with blankets but its still so noisy. Them varia controllers look above my head I would be to scared of a fire or something. I might have to get one of these SMSCOM Hybrid 4A controller but cheapest I could find is £230. Looks like I best get saving I swear this hobby as cost me so much money!

ganjagunman Guest

I never bothered in the end. I put the tent inside a built in closet so can hardly hear it, and even when its been 9/10 degrees outside its still 25/26 inside the tent ive only lost a degree or two in heat with a 10 degree temp drop outdoors lol

Thanks

Well turns out my mum who im a carer for and live with has got a new house in the middle of no where , she just told me today with her lesbian lover too.... That was unforseen but could be a blessing in disguise as far as growing is concerned.. The house is isolated in middle of no where and it has a green house shes gave to me as-well. Gonna be a hassle moving my plants but I googled some things on thctalk for similar threads and looks doable bagging them up. They are not yet in flower so should be fine... And that greenhouse will be fun come summer .

Thanks

What's the good word gunjagunman?

I recently bought a fan speed controller for $50 ( growlush ) that i'm using on my 6" fan. There's no vibrations or noise what so ever and for the price I couldn't be happier. Before I started using it my inline fan sounded like there was a jet taking off in my backyard. I'd throw you a link if I could, but I picked mine up on ebay so you should be able to do the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2