Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: hotel recommendations?

On the ning-nang-nong where the cows say bong.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,099 Times

The Rokin is good, not expensive, nice rooms, central for coffee shop travelling, and not loud in the rooms, they are friendly and its all very chilled out, weve stayed there about 7 times. Ahhh, go to the wonderful Bluebird for me, get a coffee, sit on the sofa and light up a lovely big fat one, *daydream*

Thanks

We stayed at the (hotel de gersterkorrl) twice last year and once this year and can not fault it :-) google its location you cant get much closer to dam square and all you really need as its bang centre for the night life, I wouldnt book anywhere else if I go again and room 53 has a balcony looking both ways left and right to dam square and up to red light area
    "I’d always done a lot of sniffing glue as a kid. I was very interested in glue, and then I went to lager and speed, and I drifted into heroin because as a kid growing up everybody told me, ‘don’t smoke marijuana, it will kill you’."
    - Irvine Welsh, author of "Trainspotting",

Thanks

Last time I was there I stayed at Hotel Freelands & I would recommend it.
    It's a nice little BnB about 25 min walk from central Amsterdam, though it is very close to Leidseplein if you want action. It's the theater area I'm told. There's a Bulldog near by if that's your thing. Lots of restaurants and bars all within 3-5 min walk away with lots of buses and trams to central Amsterdam.
    It's a decent price (I think about 50 euros a night) with nice staff and decent breakfast.
    You're not allowed to smoke in the rooms, but a sock over the smoke alarm and an open window saw no complaints.

There's a couple of nice Cafes in the area; 2 min walk from Cafe Crush which has a really nice chilled atmosphere with a lot of seating.
    5 min walk away is High Times Cafe and Cafe Superskunk. Both of them have a very nice selection of weed and hash, and both have outdoor seating area next to a canal.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 01010101 For This Useful Post:

Mikey_D (27-09-14)

Thanks

ive stayed a few places but hotel nova was the best. easy to find and close to the spaure. cheap enough too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bry For This Useful Post:

Mikey_D (27-09-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,368 Times

Depending on where you wanna stay and how much you wanna spend I personally would stay at the westcord fashion hotel. Stayed there last year and its a really good hotel but about 15mins on the tram into the center.

Sent from my JY-G3 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reganlives View Post
    Depending on where you wanna stay and how much you wanna spend I personally would stay at the westcord fashion hotel. Stayed there last year and its a really good hotel but about 15mins on the tram into the center.

Sent from my JY-G3 using Tapatalk 2
    I've stayed at the Westcord a few times and I rate it. I like that you can request a smoking room.

When I went with my ex-girlfriend we stayed in the Westcord; and I think if I were to go with a partner again and not be worried about staying in the center then I'd definitely go with the Westcord again.

It's also quite a nice walk into Amsterdam from Westcord. It's nice to stop off in Westerpark and have a chill (if it's not too cold)

Thanks

I'd hire an apartment. There's some awesome ones there.
    OOOOO my fingers are sooo sticky.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FACE View Post
    The Victoria park is a good hotel its across from central in middle of the dam
    The Amstel botell a been in that a few times as well
    Victoria Park was where I stayed during the Cup. Very nice place....I only slept there. Ate all over Amsterdam and stayed out all day well into the night. Great place for breakfast too. With the addition of a Tram Pass I rode all kinds of transportation too...I know this is an old thread but I hope you enjoyed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    I'd hire an apartment. There's some awesome ones there.
    thats what we have in mind for "amsterdam round 4" haha any links to your best thanks

Thanks

I'll put you in touch with a guy. Please shortly...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast