Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Flowering Nutes for soil ?

Thanks

Question Flowering Nutes for soil ?

Hey guys

Just transplanted my 3 into pots of soil , Got an Arjans Strawberry Haze, An Arjans haze and a Hawaian Snow.

They have been on 12/12 for 1 week now but i was wondering what kind of nutes would be good for flowering these as i only have hydro stuff left over

Then soil used was Miracle Gro moisture control , " Mix of coconut fibers, Canadian sphagnum peat moss, and a wetting agent to provide superior water holding and releasing environment. Protects plants against the effects of over and under watering. Enriched with Miracle-Gro plant food. An AquaCoir formula helps reduce plant stress between waterings. Provides added protection during hot and dry weather. This Miracle Gro Moisture Control Potting Soil is one of many top quality items in our Potting Soil department. "

Thanks in advance for any advice
    "Its dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.''

Monty Bong Guest

If you have only just re-potted they'll be enought nutrients in the soil for at least 4 weeks. Miracle grow composts also have slow release ferts mixed in to them, so when the plants do start to need feeding you will have to go very light in order to avoid over fert. Personaly I would start feeding diluted tomato food at about week 5, but only if they are showing signs of being hungry.

Thanks

Thanks so much Monty Much appriciated

Gonna be my 1st "real" attempt at soil..

More of an experiment really as we all know its supposed to taste and smell better...
    Although i think i can sacrifice the yield difference to see what i prefer hehe

Am i right in presuming they will take the same time to flower as they would in a Hydro setup only not being as big and heavy yielding ..

Would this be correct ?

Thanks again dude

Monty Bong Guest

Yes that's right, they'll take the same time to flower, but usualy the yeild from soil grown will be down compaired to hydro.

Thanks

You're using the focus tomato fert aren't you monty? I was looking at it the other day. The NPK is 4.4.12 is that the correct one? Cos all yours look well on it I may give it a try.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolDude View Post
    You're using the focus tomato fert aren't you monty? I was looking at it the other day. The NPK is 4.4.12 is that the correct one? Cos all yours look well on it I may give it a try.
    I live near a Focus

*waits for Monty

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    I live near a Focus

*waits for Monty
    It's only £2.49 aswell, so alot better value than BB Bloom..

Monty Bong Guest

Focus tomato food has the same NPK ratio as Canna Terra Flores but it's 2.5 times as strong, 5 5 10 (Focus) in stead of, 2 2 4 (Canna) so just add 1.5 ltrs of water to a 1ltr bottle of feed. Then use this at 1mm per litre moving up to 2 or 3mm as and when the plant needs it. I don't measure the EC, just keep a close eye on the plant, if the tips of the fan leaves start to brown I ease off on the feed. Very basic way of growing, but it works okay for me lol :

Thanks

So you dilute the whole 1ltr? Then feed per ml rather than the 15ml per 7ltrs. This is the one I just got.

Also here's my basic nute pack.

Formulex for foliage feed for cuttings
    Clonex for rooting cuttings
    Yeast for when they are flowering to create co2
    Epsom Salts for your Mg
    Black Strap molasses (forgot to put in pic)
    Last edited by OldSkoolDude; 08-07-09 at 02:44 PM. Reason: forgot bottom bit...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolDude View Post
    It's only £2.49 aswell, so alot better value than BB Bloom..
    Thats insane huh

Quote Originally Posted by Monty Bong View Post
    Focus tomato food has the same NPK ratio as Canna Terra Flores but it's 2.5 times as strong, 5 5 10 (Focus) in stead of, 2 2 4 (Canna) so just add 1.5 ltrs of water to a 1ltr bottle of feed. Then use this at 1mm per litre moving up to 2 or 3mm as and when the plant needs it. I don't measure the EC, just keep a close eye on the plant, if the tips of the fan leaves start to brown I ease off on the feed. Very basic way of growing, but it works okay for me lol :
    Thanks so much for all your advice Monty

Shall be on my way to Focus if it ever stops raining to stock up on a few litres at that price.. May as well get £20's worth lol
    Also will give it 4 - 5 weeks before i use it as the soil was new a week ago..

Just out of interest, I know its a bit random but can i grow tomatoes in the grow room too with the same lighting schedules?
    I really want to start growing food too

Thanks guys.. You rock

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast