Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Tetra's balcony LST

Thanks

Default Tetra's balcony LST

Hello again ppl.

Im having a nice little project on my balcony. Planted a supposed Pure Power Plant in a rather big pot with the goal to bind it down and guide it around the big pot all summer, then let it flower as a bushy blob of bud in the autumn. Im using pipe cleaner stripes to bind it down. Using ordinary but quality plant soil. It has approx 5 hours of direct sunlight a day. It just got a grip in the soil and is now growing like mad! We'll see how it goes, i've had pretty god fem ratio on these seeds so i hope for the best. Thought it could be interresting to see the progress.. soo here's some pics:

July 1

July 8

Last edited by Tetra; 08-07-09 at 11:05 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tetra For This Useful Post:

New Age Outlaw (31-03-10), trickster247 (11-12-10)

Staked out on a rock covered in jam with Ants all around..
    Thanks

Great idea jogging it round the pot like that, your bud sites should get more light and hopefully a little more yield. please keep us updated. never seen this done.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-D2 View Post
    Great idea jogging it round the pot like that, your bud sites should get more light and hopefully a little more yield. please keep us updated. never seen this done.
    Thanx Mr-D2. Yeah, seems like it could be really nice. Never done it before my self, and was thinking about how to do it and came up with the idea of pipe cleaner stripes and it works great, securely anchored in the soil. So i will be guiding the growing branches around cramming in as much as possible, till its no place left for them to spread.. and maybe if theres time i can make 2 layers of stems that will be shooting buds, but then i'll need longer stripes, i have the remaining 2 months to utilise, in fact i really dont know how to do this, ill have to trial and error :P. It's fun, a bit arty and a creative process mixed in it. Yeah, will keep ya updated.

Thanks

Default About LST'ing

This plant is topped, tried to fim actually, but did not succeed, but there seem to be a little shoot comin slowly from the fim spot, but the two top side branches has grown way more than that sprout. When doing an LST i dont think one is supposed to top the plant. I havent read to much about LST but i think normally one does not guide the branches but only the main stem. I will guide them all in a compact pattern, maybe as mentioned 2 layers even, it will become a blob of bud i hope :P Ofcourse sometime i have to stop guiding branches, i think maybe just guide branches until i have a web of stems. Then when time is up and it's time for flowering, they'll be allowed to shoot upwards and form the cake of bud.
    Last edited by Tetra; 08-07-09 at 08:20 PM.

Staked out on a rock covered in jam with Ants all around..
    Thanks

sounds good. good luck. maybe put a candle on that cake..

Thanks

Yeah, light it up ;P

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

hey tetra nice to see you've got something on the g(r)o(w)

liking the pipe cleaners idea... i've used string (hate the tying part) and tent pegs (don't like to stay in the dirt as much as you'd think) but those seem quite practical. do you think they'll withstand the plants strength one she grows up a bit? on that note is it from fem seed stock?

good luck man, i'll be back soon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tay View Post

liking the pipe cleaners idea... i've used string (hate the tying part) and tent pegs (don't like to stay in the dirt as much as you'd think) but those seem quite practical. do you think they'll withstand the plants strength one she grows up a bit? on that note is it from fem seed stock?

good luck man, i'll be back soon
    Yeah thanx Tay, nice to have something growing again. These stripes seem to sit pretty hard in the soil, the plant seems to be really stuck and has accepted it's bent state :P hehe, but never done this so i dont know how hard it's gonna wanna come loose, but it seems stuck allright. If it start to come lose i'll just take more, and tie it down like a Gulliver giant and lilleputts hahah. No but we'll have to see if it's enough then... Have u had problems with the tent pics coming loose? Then i might have a problem... maybe in that case i'll get longer bigger stripes, and bend them a bit before putting them down the dirt, making them even harder to come loose. :P The fem rate on the seeds has been only fems so far, but it might well be a male, we'll see.

Thanks

The branches is very good at turning upwards after being nailed down flat like that, cool to see. Ahh, and im glad that it's looking so healthy, just a few early leaves that was quirky, maybe due to PH problems. Was some overfert soil from the beginning before transplant to that large pot. It seems to flourish... and im sure it likes the rough treatment too

Last edited by Tetra; 08-07-09 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tay View Post
    Gosh im so abstinence adhd i cant level down and chill out and find things funny just running around noticing things without acutally seeing them, almost like beeing on speed or something like a robot on mdma, I stopped smoking nicotine :P But i appreciate ur always cheerful spirits Tay Im wondering how things are going with your Durban? It looked so nice :P Looking forward to more pics soon!
    Last edited by Tetra; 08-07-09 at 10:12 PM.

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast