Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: @ Mention Feature

ganjagunman Guest

Default @ Mention Feature

Not sure if this is available on this site?

As usual bear with me as im shit at explaining things.

Basically im on another forum, (car related) and like its quite busy like this forum. Plenty of newbies coming and going and I like to help out like I do here. I use the ' New Posts ' button to show me recent threads on here, or ones recently replied to that I have been involved in but sometimes some of these threads slip through the net on here and don't get noticed.

For example last night I could have been helping a newbie, replied to his/her thread, then this morning that newbie may have replied asking something else, but then I may have not seen it by the time I had logged on and it then gets forgotten about.

This @ mention feature is just like tagging someone in Facebook or twitter, so if on here someone wants to ask you a question or get your attention all they have to do is put in their thread or reply @ganjagunman or whatever the username maybe and then when I or whoever logs on next, a notification pops up at the top of the screen like it would if i had received a private message but instead of a message it would tell me that so and so had mentioned me in a thread or comment.

Just another thought !

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

PJR71 (08-09-14), redroadster43 (24-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,995 Times

Good idea a lot of modern forums do

Helps keep a flow to the threads imo.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chufuginlookinat For This Useful Post:

PJR71 (08-09-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

Tapatalk seems to have this facility - one of the few good points about Tapatalk

If enough members have an interest in this then I can raise it with Admin as, at the moment, we have a behind the scenes thread running on ideas to improve the site
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (08-09-14), Mikey_D (08-09-14), PJR71 (08-09-14), redroadster43 (24-04-16)

ganjagunman Guest

That taptalk just constantly crashes the browser on my iPhone, nothing to do with the phone either, just crap software also plays up when trying to upload images

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

PJR71 (08-09-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

[QUOTE=ganjagunman;1070017134]That taptalk just constantly crashes the browser on my iPhone, nothing to do with the phone either, just crap software also plays up when trying to upload images [/QUOT
    I only use tap talk an never had a problem with it in 4 years
    So possibly is your phone or u need to update the app

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

marque08 (08-09-14), RASTA (08-09-14)

Thanks

Good idea, currently I'm just cheeky and drop the member a pm advising Ive left a question

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Robbie red hat For This Useful Post:

chufuginlookinat (08-09-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,117 Times

this would be a brilliant addition and make finding certain threads a doddle,cracking idea

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 59,501 Times

This @mention thing got mentiond before all the drama.
    They do it on uk420 n you get a wee message saying some ones mentiond you in this post.
    Its better havin it than no having it.

Thanks

If anything further enhances the forums usage then that's only a good thing no?

ganjagunman Guest

Simplicity and ease of use is key, especially on these sort of forums cause theres nothing worse than trying to navigate any cluttered forum with sections then sub sections then sub sub sections when your stoned off your bonce, gladly i don't find this one too hard to use as i just click ' new posts ' whenever im online and all the ones ive replied to are clearly marked, the only annoying part is sometimes ill reply to a thread, and then it will dissapear off the new posts page if i go looking for it an hour later again, then i find it on the 4th page and its been replied to by someone else but not showed up again in the new posts page.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast