Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1.2m tent set-up help ???

Thanks

Post 1.2m tent set-up help ???

Hi guys, I have just bought myself a 1.2m tent set up but am concerned about the extraction. I have only got a 4''tt and rhino filter and am wondering if this is enough for use with a 600w hps in such a small space ??????

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

4 inch rhino should be more than enough im using a 4 inch in the same size space with a 650w hps over them

Thanks

Try it, if its not good enough upgrade

Thanks

i have a 1.2 with a 5 inch rvk fan and it just copes in winter, but temps are too hi in summer so i suspect your 4 inch will struGle.
    If i were you, knowin what i now know, id have a 6 inch fan / filter combo in there with 600 watts
    Unless of course your incomin air is extremely cool

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heizenberg View Post
    i have a 1.2 with a 5 inch rvk fan and it just copes in winter, but temps are too hi in summer so i suspect your 4 inch will struGle.
    If i were you, knowin what i now know, id have a 6 inch fan / filter combo in there with 600 watts
    Unless of course your incomin air is extremely cool
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing, as it is a small space after all and those lights don't half kick out some heat. I will have direct intake fresh from outside but nothing extremely cold, so looks like im off out to buy the 6'' ruck :-).............So am I right in thinking I need both 6'' for intake and outtake ???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by targett View Post
    Try it, if its not good enough upgrade
    I would much prefer to get some advice first from some fellow growers and see what they say, before I just go ahead and try. I don't want to try and have a great crop. I want to know im going to get a great crop :-)

Thanks

I have that size tent, im getting a 5" carbon filter. Mine got switched to flower a week ago so ill need one soon enough lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,995 Times

1.2mx1.2mx2m 600w id use a 6in all day 5in min.

Thanks

I have a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m grow tent with a 4" TT fan going straight into 6" ducting with a 400W HPS under a parabolic reflector. I tried a 6" RVK fan but it was too loud, so I redid the filter ducting and put the 4" back in. It sucks the tent sides in big time now that the 6" Maxibrite ducting is shorter, smoother and without bends etc. Res temp is at 20 C with the bulb tip about 15" above it.

By the way, I don't know about other growers, but my plants are on week 3 of 12/12 and I haven't fitted the filter yet as they don't smell. The filter is sitting ready to go, but what's the point of putting them in at the start? Fan blade protection maybe?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The old dog For This Useful Post:

My Tent Or Yours (19-01-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,995 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The old dog View Post
    I have a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m grow tent with a 4" TT fan going straight into 6" ducting with a 400W HPS under a parabolic reflector. I tried a 6" RVK fan but it was too loud, so I redid the filter ducting and put the 4" back in. It sucks the tent sides in big time now that the 6" Maxibrite ducting is shorter, smoother and without bends etc. Res temp is at 20 C with the bulb tip about 15" above it.

By the way, I don't know about other growers, but my plants are on week 3 of 12/12 and I haven't fitted the filter yet as they don't smell. The filter is sitting ready to go, but what's the point of putting them in at the start? Fan blade protection maybe?
    Most do it from the start of the grow because plants smell when growing, you might not think so but they do.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chufuginlookinat For This Useful Post:

FrostieNugs (16-02-17), My Tent Or Yours (13-11-14), Robbie red hat (24-09-14)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast