Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1.2m tent set-up help ???

Clunge Muncher Guest

I wouldn't go no lower than a 6" and the high powered ones at that, your get away with smaller in the winter but summer time your be struggling with heat stress.

Clunge Muncher Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The old dog View Post
    By the way, I don't know about other growers, but my plants are on week 3 of 12/12 and I haven't fitted the filter yet as they don't smell. The filter is sitting ready to go, but what's the point of putting them in at the start? Fan blade protection maybe?
    Holey crap theres no way id of got away with that from mine they stunk way before that, you sure your not growing hemp seed lol, but seriously your a brave fella id say fair play to you if you can get away with it .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunge Muncher For This Useful Post:

My Tent Or Yours (19-01-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tezza View Post
    Holey crap theres no way id of got away with that from mine they stunk way before that, you sure your not growing hemp seed lol, but seriously your a brave fella id say fair play to you if you can get away with it .
    I'm growing mazari from Seedsman, so maybe they're low smell?? The mate who put me onto these seeds isn't surprised there's no smell yet... BUT, it's in the post lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chufuginlookinat View Post
    Most do it from the start of the grow because plants smell when growing, you might not think so but they do.
    I'm lucky... I have a regular visitor who will tell me when it starts to smell. The fan will be fitted this weekend at the latest when I change the res.

Clunge Muncher Guest

Cant say ive heard of it, but yeah you could be right but im sure your soon find out soon enough from what you say lets hope its not being delivered 1st class but if its royal mail you could be ok lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by The old dog View Post
    I'm growing mazari from Seedsman, so maybe they're low smell?? The mate who put me onto these seeds isn't surprised there's no smell yet... BUT, it's in the post lol.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunge Muncher For This Useful Post:

Glynne (05-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tezza View Post
    Cant say ive heard of it, but yeah you could be right but im sure your soon find out soon enough from what you say lets hope its not being delivered 1st class but if its royal mail you could be ok lmao.
    lol. The smell arrived special D a little while ago. My hands were stinking after some LST so I fitted the filter. The ducting will need to be shortened to help the air flow, but it's still sucking in the tent sides.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The old dog For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Your 4 inch will do for an intake fan bud,, no need for 6 inch or you wont have negative pressure inside the tent, as you will be puttin more air in than you will be takin out (the filter reduces the efficiency of the output fan.)
    Id have 4 inch intake, 6 inch out take

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badbillybob For This Useful Post:

chufuginlookinat (25-09-14), rareness (25-09-14)

Mr Legend Guest

All depends on the outside temps..
    And its not about inches but about air recirculation in the room..
    The air in the room should be exchanged once every 3-5 minutes to keep the temps in line with those outside of grow room..
    I have 1.2x1.2x2 tent under 600W HPS and run 220-360 m3/h radial fan with carbon filter and manage to get 2-3 degrees difference from outside temp..
    You also loose a lot of air flow with long ducting so count that in when you calculate, every four meters its cut almost in half..

ganjagunman Guest

From experience a 600w in a 1.2 x 1.2 tent or smaller will need a 6" fan of either RVK or Ruck brand, them TT fans are shite, as are those dospel ones.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter McPherson View Post
    All depends on the outside temps..
    And its not about inches but about air recirculation in the room..
    The air in the room should be exchanged once every 3-5 minutes to keep the temps in line with those outside of grow room..
    I have 1.2x1.2x2 tent under 600W HPS and run 220-360 m3/h radial fan with carbon filter and manage to get 2-3 degrees difference from outside temp..
    You also loose a lot of air flow with long ducting so count that in when you calculate, every four meters its cut almost in half..
    I hear you.

Once I shortened and straightened the ducting, the 4" TT fan worked perfectly, with only 2 plants though. I'd follow ganjagunman's advice re a 6" RVK if I had more plants.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to The old dog For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast