Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: width/depth of hole for HUGE 1 pound + plants?

Thanks

Default width/depth of hole for HUGE 1 pound + plants?

because i live in texas i know i can achieve one pound easily so my question for now is how big should the hole be?

Thanks

no one has never planted a plant outdoors achieving a 1 pound plus plant?!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

Just put the seed in the ground. The size of the hole don't mean nothing unless you are vegging indoors then transplanting it outside. If so then just big enough for the roots to be covered.

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

Thanks

well wouldent i want to lossen up the soil for the roots to go through eaiser?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5 lb dreams from newbie View Post
    well wouldent i want to lossen up the soil for the roots to go through eaiser?
    The roots will go through the soil no matter what. Genrally you want the hole a little bit bigger the the pot the plants are already in.

Thanks

but wouldent they get bigger if i dug a huge ass hole?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,628 Times

Around my area growers use back hoes to do their holes. Then the mix their own custom mixes, but they always lower ph our ground is 7.2 ph. The feed store sells perlite in big assed bales. Lol

The good growers get 3-5 pounds a plant.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

chufuginlookinat (23-09-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5 lb dreams from newbie View Post
    but wouldent they get bigger if i dug a huge ass hole?
    You'll need to fill the hole in anyway. The size of the hole should be relative to the root ball. The plants will grow huge outdoors anyway, if you veg them indoors first then bring the outside at the beginning of the growing season, they will be trees.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,053 Times

It wouldn't hurt to dig a big hole and mix in loads of goodies like perlite, guano, minds gone blank but just look around tinternet for a recipe for a soil mix for cannabis
    What goes on underground is just as important as what happens above ground so it makes sense to condition the soil rather than just plant it and pour a shed load of nutes into it

Plus then when the plants finished you can dig it all up and do it again using the same hole

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vador For This Useful Post:

chufuginlookinat (23-09-14), redroadster43 (24-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,995 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Vador View Post
    It wouldn't hurt to dig a big hole and mix in loads of goodies like perlite, guano, minds gone blank but just look around tinternet for a recipe for a soil mix for cannabis
    What goes on underground is just as important as what happens above ground so it makes sense to condition the soil rather than just plant it and pour a shed load of nutes into it

Plus then when the plants finished you can dig it all up and do it again using the same hole
    Yep nice one.
    Think M_C makes his own, its in his thread.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast