Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Autos vs Regs for quality taste.

Thanks

Default Autos vs Regs for quality taste.

Can anyone who knows their stuff fill me in on the auto vs regs situation cause I hear a lot of people banging on about auto's but I get the impression regs are better for quality taste and just all round end product. Wouldn't want to waste my time growing some thing with bad results at the end.

Or if there is some autos better than others please state the strains that you have had good quality smoke at the end, I don't give a crap a bout yield at all anyone who starts saying autos are the best for a start I know that ruderalis is a inferior bad tasting strain and this is what puts me off I would rather wait longer. There is something a bout auto's that puts me off not sure if its just the way they look but I seem to be able to notice the difference just by looking, they just look ugly to me.

Regards SQ. 8)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Solo Quin For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (26-09-14), GEORGE (14-01-15), Roybo (26-09-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Quality & taste, to be honest, you're hard pressed these days to spot a difference but, of course, like you say, there is the sacrifice in potential yield.

Recomendations?

Low Ryder 2 - excellent taste, smell & hit
    Diesel Ryder - the aroma & taste of NY Diesel without the wait
    Critical Rapido - heavy hit of the Critical Mass in about 11 weeks

Forget about smoking Ruderalis & start thinking instead about the introduction of the autoflower gene being passed to the donor mother...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Loki (26-09-14), MacFeegle (01-02-15), Mikey_D (27-09-14), Solo Quin (28-09-14)

Thanks

Your exempt from answering this thread as you are growing auto's lol Only joking I can see where your coming from don't get me wrong I've had some good auto lately critical as well not to long ago was some nice smoke with raring high, but I also notice a lot of crap coming on to the market since auto's came to light.

Sure there are some good auto on the market and this is why I was asking, generally speaking you still cant rule out the fact that these auto's are part ruderalis which is going to affect the end product to some degree compared to regular strains. The benefits of being able to achieve your short time goals if your in need probably balance the scales.

Not to sure about this gene transplant theory for the most part we are dealing with normal breading techniques rather than gene transplantation sure its been done but not for most of the seeds available on the market.

Take a man's weed away for a few months sure he will show some anger. 8)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Solo Quin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-15), M_C (27-09-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Solo Quin View Post
    Your exempt from answering this thread as you are growing auto's lol Only joking I can see where your coming from don't get me wrong I've had some good auto lately critical as well not to long ago was some nice smoke with raring high, but I also notice a lot of crap coming on to the market since auto's came to light.

Sure there are some good auto on the market and this is why I was asking, generally speaking you still cant rule out the fact that these auto's are part ruderalis which is going to affect the end product to some degree compared to regular strains. The benefits of being able to achieve your short time goals if your in need probably balance the scales.

Not to sure about this gene transplant theory for the most part we are dealing with normal breading techniques rather than gene transplantation sure its been done but not for most of the seeds available on the market.

Take a man's weed away for a few months sure he will show some anger. 8)
    yeah theres some crap autos but theres also some crap photos!
    yes you do lose yield with autos but you do have the advantage of speed and ease of grow

peace

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikey_D For This Useful Post:

M_C (27-09-14), Solo Quin (28-09-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Solo Quin View Post
    I meant by breeding it in rather than introducing it in a lab - we sing from the same song-sheet

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

chufuginlookinat (27-09-14), Mikey_D (28-09-14), Solo Quin (28-09-14)

Thanks

The autos I got as freebies didn't make it to the room,just the trash.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 7thson For This Useful Post:

Solo Quin (28-09-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,995 Times

Quote Originally Posted by 7thson View Post
    The autos I got as freebies didn't make it to the room,just the trash.
    Care to elaborate? What were they? From who? Why did you throw them.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chufuginlookinat For This Useful Post:

Solo Quin (28-09-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chufuginlookinat View Post
    Care to elaborate? What were they? From who? Why did you throw them.
    Roadrunner from dinafem.I just can't get myself to grow Ruderalis (low thc).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 7thson For This Useful Post:

Solo Quin (29-09-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,995 Times

Quote Originally Posted by 7thson View Post
    Roadrunner from dinafem.I just can't get myself to grow Ruderalis (low thc).
    That's shit bud, probably why they were free lol.

Not all Autos a low yielding and low THC, a lot are pushing real good stuff now.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chufuginlookinat For This Useful Post:

M_C (29-09-14), Solo Quin (29-09-14)

Thanks

Regardless,I'll never grow anything auto,just gonna stick with regular strains.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to 7thson For This Useful Post:

Solo Quin (29-09-14)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast