Thread: Pete's Outdoor Run

Thanks

Default Pete's Outdoor Run

Ahoya

So I thought it would be better to keep a journal in this section. I started in the " Introduce yourself " section.

Here is the link to that.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ffing-Pleasure

Time is coming very close to where I'm moving the plants outdoors. My day consisted of the waking up early with that excited feeling of knowing your getting something today. So after waking up 3 1/2 hours to early I decided to wake and bake to a unknown but OG KUSH dominant lady. And DAMN was that fun.

Time passed quick after that cause the mind started working again and I started doing shit. But when all was done we set off to go buy some compost. Now before I go any further I just have have to give a quick info on the compost

COMPOST:

The Uncle who makes it has been doing it for 30 years. I have worked with the compost before ( in another garden ) and it is a beautifull compost. I asked the uncle if it is suited for container planting cause I'm growing tomatoes in 25L pots and he said it is perfect. He has been doing it for 30 years ( container planting ). He said to only add 30% sand and it s perfect. The bags that were used to fill the compost with is 50kg salt bags. So I got 8.

Anyway, back to the story... We loaded the car with the bags and the car was hanging quite a bit. The reason I got 8 was mainly because I have 6 x 25L pots , 3 x 15L pots and 2 x 12L pots to fill. I reckoned 6 should cover all of that easily and the rest I can just add to my current compost pile and use some of it in the garden. So of we went. And after getting home I 1st had to cut the grass that looked like a fucking jungle. Which isn't that bad actually, because I use the cut grass in the compost heap. I try and re-use everything. So I took out 1 bag of compost and pulled my daughter's plastic swimming pool closer, dumped the bag out, fetched the bag of perlite, got some Volcanic Rock Dust and set off to mix it all together. It looked like quite a bit of soil but I thought nothing off it. I pulled my pots closer and after filling 5 x 25L and 1 x 15L I saw that the soil was finished. I mixed up half a bag of compost to fill the rest and I was DONE. 1 and a half bags only. LOL, now I have plenty compost left to play with and tomorrow I am getting cardboard boxes to use a mulck layer in the garden to kill the grass. And now I have beautiful mulch layer !!! 8 was a certain overkill, but I just thought now that I want to take 2 bags and ey them out and add a shit load of different organic amendments to it. Was thinking off introducing some compost from a pine mulch to add micro...... Can't remember the full name. Sorry. Maybe get some seaweed and chop that up good, VRD, Gypsym, Worm Casting, Vermiculite, perlite, coco coir and whatver I can manage to get hold of. I will mix that all together and then I'll water it all down with a Guano / Worm Tea feed. Let that stand for a couple of days in the sun to dry out a bit, pop that into the empty bags and store it away. Anything from 6 months to a year. That just sounds good. Do you guys think I can add some red wigglers in there and will they survive ???

Love and Light

Pete

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stinky Pete For This Useful Post:

chufuginlookinat (30-10-14)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00727.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	274234

here we have the White Rhino its a regular seed that i had for a couple of years i never planted it cause i didnt like its way of growing not sure if that the reason but i'll look again this season. Like i said , this is a regular seed so i am not sure what this and i did plant 2. but 1 never made it .

Name:	LSD(1).jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	274235

and her we have the LSD. Super excited about her and cant wait for her to show her goods end of season heard some epic stories about her

I will add the others as time goes by and things start to happen

Love and Light

Pete

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stinky Pete For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Barney's Farm - L S D

Ahoya

Here is a pic, a nice one at that if I have to say so myself, of the LSD after the topping. It wasn't the plan to top the lady but I did it and I can't go back now.

Love and Light

Pete
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00749.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	275082  

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stinky Pete For This Useful Post:

chufuginlookinat (30-10-14), GEORGE (11-12-14)

Thanks

Ahoya

So I don't any pics but I thought I'd just pop in and say a few words.

I have started taking cuttings to plant in the garden on random spots to "test" my soil and where I can't grow.

I started with 3 x Arjan Haze #1 and 3 x Eastern Star. I took one of my future mushroom grow tubs and turned that into a humidity dome. I took a empty 6 planter, filled with good soil and set off to take the cuttings. As with everything I always swot up on things before I start just to check that I don't miss anything. I took my cuttings, dipped them in rooting powder, potted them, sprayed then and the inside of the tub and put them in the cloning area.

2 and a half weeks later I see new growth and smile. I go and tuck on one to confirm roots and it comes out COMPLETELY with NO roots. So now I am very pissed. I check the other 5 and same thing.

WTF !!! ???

Then I looked to my left and see a bubbler in a bad state and needs finishing up. I did that quick cause I heard good things about bubblers. All things done and I gently wash my cuttings tip to get rid of any powder and away I go. The next morning I inspect with hopes of roots. LoL.

And then I opened the lid. 3 FUCKING ROOTS. All about 3mm long. So I am officially a converted bubbler guy. No more soil rooting for this brother. I just need to get a proper one up and running soon, because the way cutting root I am gonna need lots.

I have already prepped a spot for the one Eastern Star that she is just gonna love. BIG GROW COMING UP ! ! !

Love and Light

Pete

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stinky Pete For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ahoya All

Here we have the LSD. She is lookking so good and she has recovered so well after the nute burn incident. My soil was good enough and adding extra nutes was not good. I have since flushed her with ph water and gave her a small worm tea feeding. I am gonna cut off the last of the damaged leafs tomorrow when I repot to a 25L.

Instead of adding nutes to the soil I will instead take about 5cm of top soil and replace it with good and fresh compost and I will be foliar feeding instead. I am busy trying to up my worm population cause I want to add about 10 worms in each pot. After I topped her she stood still for almost 2 weeks and wow has she recovered well. I am thinking of taking a cuttting from the top part and leaving the 1st 2 proper branches so that I can do "mainstreaming". If and when the cutting takes I will put it into a proper big pot with a screen.

Love and Light

Pete

Name:	CAM00755.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	275910  

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stinky Pete For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ahoya All

Its that time again.

1st up is the LSD from Barney's Farm. i have topped the plant a week ago and the recovery is coming along good. The "bottom growth has gone yellow and im trying to fix that. The bottom of the pot stays wet due to the plant still being so small and i really hope it explodes soon. I have started foliar feeding her instead and I do it every morning some off the plants show happiness but one or 2 still needs to get better.

Name:	CAM00772.jpg 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	276896

2nd is Arjan Haze #1

i never finished this plant last year due to wind knowcking my pots over and DOGS !!! By now you guys realised that animals and my plants dont mix. LoL. she started of real bad and i thought that she might die, but no, she pulled through and is starting to get going. I remember that this plant had the coolest leafs while growing. I just hope I can get my leafs dark and green again.

Any tips ???

Name:	CAM00776.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	276897

The 3rd attached pic is Eastern Star. She is gonna be huge end of season and I have thought about force flowering her , but I quickly changed my mind. LoL.

Love and Light

Pete

Name:	CAM00774.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	276898  

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stinky Pete For This Useful Post:

chufuginlookinat (30-10-14), GEORGE (11-12-14)

Thanks

Ahoya All

I inspected my ladies tonight and they look super good. Especially the Arjan Haze #1. She has finally settled into her new pot and her leafs are looking G R E A T ! ! !

But, I did notice SPIDERMITE

Then I noticed they are quite a few. FUCK !!! . And to make matters worse, I found Spidermite on my other ladies. This is NOT a good thing and my budget is blown on soil and Guano feed. I have read on a few sites about Mite homemade recipes. I made garlic spray few weeks back which kinda worked. Just needed to keep at it. I also read that planting chives close to your ladies also work, so I am potting up some chives in pots over the weekend and will be placing 3 pot inbetween my ladies. Screw that Mites !!

So I'll let you all know over time how it goes

Love and Light

Pete
    Last edited by Stinky Pete; 30-10-14 at 08:47 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stinky Pete For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,995 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky Pete View Post
    Ahoya All

Its that time again.

1st up is the LSD from Barney's Farm. i have topped the plant a week ago and the recovery is coming along good. The "bottom growth has gone yellow and im trying to fix that. The bottom of the pot stays wet due to the plant still being so small and i really hope it explodes soon. I have started foliar feeding her instead and I do it every morning some off the plants show happiness but one or 2 still needs to get better.

Name:	CAM00772.jpg 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	276896

2nd is Arjan Haze #1

i never finished this plant last year due to wind knowcking my pots over and DOGS !!! By now you guys realised that animals and my plants dont mix. LoL. she started of real bad and i thought that she might die, but no, she pulled through and is starting to get going. I remember that this plant had the coolest leafs while growing. I just hope I can get my leafs dark and green again.

Any tips ???

Name:	CAM00776.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	276897

The 3rd attached pic is Eastern Star. She is gonna be huge end of season and I have thought about force flowering her , but I quickly changed my mind. LoL.

Love and Light

Pete
    Tips for the plants...not really mate look good....keep the pets away lol

Thanks

LoL.

Thanx brother. I have since taken measures to keep the pets away. But if they do make trouble.......... well, then I guess I'll have an unhappy GF

Love and Light

Pete

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Stinky Pete For This Useful Post:

chufuginlookinat (31-10-14)