Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seedlings 125w CFL stretch, nutes and lights

Thanks

Thumbs up Seedlings 125w CFL stretch, nutes and lights

hello chaps,

Have got my seedlings (potted sunday, sprouted Monday) under a 125w blue CFL, temps are 24-26 constant and humidity 65-75% they have got their first set of true leaves come through and are about 1.5''-2'' tall.

They are looking a little bit spindly. Not sure if they are stretching or if this is to be expected??? Don't know if im doing anything wrong etc.

How close can I have the light to the plants? should i have a more powerful light? how tall should they be?

Also when should I give them nutes, is it when the little leaves start to yellow?

I've been advised to mist once every 3 days with clonex to help with root development, is this beneficial or detrimental?

thanks in advance for any help and advice offered.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

Robbie red hat (30-10-14), The budda (30-10-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

Welcome to the boards
    Best way to judge is with the back off your hand if it's comfortable after 30 seconds on top of your plant tops then your plants are happy with the light at that hieght,
    Blue spec cfl will help you not to strech provided you have your plant and light positioned properly,if you are using good quality soil no need for food till middle off 2 nd week start off 3 rd
    I'd give the roots a little feed in early stages maybe 1/2 ml per litre water and feed them trough soil hope this helps

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

THE DARK KNIGHT (30-10-14)

Thanks

should have that added im using coco, I was instructed to do this as I will ultimately be growing in coco. have I made an error? thanks for the tip on the light heat. will try and get a photo up if I can manage it!

ive got the light currently about 8 inches from plants could get a bit closer if I use your method. was this too far for a 125w CFL?

Thanks

just checked and half of the seedlings have roots coming from the bottom of the pot, cant believe how quick these things are growing! will need to re-pot tonight/tomorrow latest!

Thanks

U can get a cfl right up to it mate, will only burn if it touches leaves so leave a couple of inch for growth. If its stretched a bit put a bit more coco in ur pot and bury the stem a bit it will be fine.

Have you got rhiza or a root stim? If so put a bit in your next watering.

Get a pic up

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robbie red hat For This Useful Post:

M_C (30-10-14), The budda (30-10-14), THE DARK KNIGHT (30-10-14)

Thanks

thanks for the advice, I misted twice so far with clonex root stimulator mist, ive got rhizo, should I put some in too? at what strength?

im trying to post a picture but it wont let me click upload?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

Robbie red hat (30-10-14)

Thanks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

Thanks

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

Robbie red hat (30-10-14), The budda (30-10-14)

Thanks

sorted it.......what do you think? ill try get a better pic

16. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Get that bulb right over em mate.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robbie red hat For This Useful Post:

M_C (30-10-14), THE DARK KNIGHT (30-10-14)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast