Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Modified wilmas

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,829 Times

100% doing it then, haven't got the space for a wil a so I'll have to make one, I couldn't make up my mind as to a wilma or dwc, this has well answers my question in mind and I'm gonna do this

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Budbomb For This Useful Post:

Ezroller (24-12-14), GEORGE (01-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Budbomb View Post
    100% doing it then, haven't got the space for a wil a so I'll have to make one, I couldn't make up my mind as to a wilma or dwc, this has well answers my question in mind and I'm gonna do this
    You can just order the res's on there own mate if u look around rather than ordering the whole kit, that way u can buy a more powerfull pump like a 1000L one instead of the 500L ones which come with the wilma kits

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

Budbomb (23-12-14), GEORGE (01-05-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Pinkman View Post
    You can just order the res's on there own mate if u look around rather than ordering the whole kit, that way u can buy a more powerfull pump like a 1000L one instead of the 500L ones which come with the wilma kits
    Funnily enough I have a maxijet1000, 6" air stone with a pump, and some tubing for the maxi jet so I already have the stuff to make my own minus the res,,problem I'll have buying a res is finding one suitable to fit in the drobe,

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Budbomb For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-05-21), Jesse Pinkman (23-12-14)

Thanks

Funnily enough I have a maxijet1000, 6" air stone with a pump, and some tubing for the maxi jet so I already have the stuff to make my own minus the res,,problem I'll have buying a res is finding one suitable to fit in the drobe,
    Cool! Yeah i know where youre coming from i had the same issue with my veggin cabinett because wasnt very deep but pretty wide so most rectangular res's/tubs wouldnt fit in there so ended up getting a plant troff from garden centre

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah I'm gonna have to just think some thing up man but thanks for the inspiration anyway that ideas nuts look at those roots I love roots like that,,,,,,,just never been able to develop them myself but maybe I've been taking all the wrong approaches,, next grow I'm sacking the coco off and just doing it in clays with a net pot straight into res as you have here, you'll have to talk me thru it though when it's time

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Budbomb For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-05-21), Jesse Pinkman (23-12-14)

Thanks

Yeah I'm gonna have to just think some thing up man but thanks for the inspiration anyway that ideas nuts look at those roots I love roots like that,,,,,,,just never been able to develop them myself but maybe I've been taking all the wrong approaches,, next grow I'm sacking the coco off and just doing it in clays with a net pot straight into res as you have here, you'll have to talk me thru it though when it's time
    Yeah roots go lovely in mine mate, white as cocaine and healthy as fuck ha. Just use rhizotonic to help em along at low dose and give the whole system a top to bottom jetwash & scrubdown & antibac clean after each grow.
    Soundslike a plan, yeah mate let me know when ur ready to rock and i'll help you out if i can dude

Atb

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

Is there a certain hight from the water level that the bottom of the net pot needs to be? Deffo wanna mod my wilma next time around.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-05-21), Jesse Pinkman (22-10-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_badger View Post
    Is there a certain hight from the water level that the bottom of the net pot needs to be? Deffo wanna mod my wilma next time around.
    You want it a out a inch below bottom of netpots dude to encourage faster root growth

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-05-21)

MrChedda. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Pinkman View Post
    You want it a out a inch below bottom of netpots dude to encourage faster root growth
    concenplating doing this buddy, how vital is a chiller mate is it preferable and how much noise do they make? or will i be costantly battling the temps? cheers Jesse

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

Get yourself on the bay dude. I managed to get the 150a for 97 quid. Not set it up yet though. Gonna wait until next grow.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-05-21)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast