Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Modified wilmas

MrChedda. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_badger View Post
    Get yourself on the bay dude. I managed to get the 150a for 97 quid. Not set it up yet though. Gonna wait until next grow.
    noise for me is a humungus issue, mate already gotta think of something in order of sound proofing that is reliable and will work, any idea how loud they are? plus ive got 2 tanks so i take it id need two chillers?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

If you mod them so they recirculate then no

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-05-21), redisiel (29-01-16)

MrChedda. Guest

but, thered be two different solutions in 2 different tanks, different tanks may be feeding at different strengths, also say if 1 tank got root rot, it would then transfer it to the good tank through recirculation via chiller feeding mixed solution back into both tanks? cheers badger

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

You will need to chillers for two seperate reservoirs mate no way around it unfortunatly. Unless you link the res's but then youd a bigger chiller and like u say wouldnt advise running two seperate strains.

Mine dont make much noise at all dude, stand em ontop of abit of celotex insulation and that buffers the vibration from when the chiller kicks in

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-05-21), redisiel (29-01-16)

Dr-Chronic Guest

Nice one Jesse so is it the top tray I need to be covering with celotex or kings span and cut holes into the top tray and celotex to accomodate the pots ? Cheers pal

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

Dirty_badger (13-01-16), Jesse Pinkman (13-01-16), redisiel (29-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

Yes mate cut some holes out of the plastic tray in the corners, or middle depending on how many netpots u will be using:

This ^^^ was how i cut mine at first when i used airpots instead of the standard wilma pots on top, but then when i made my netpot wilma i used my 5" hole saw to cut out big 5" holes in the tray.

Then cut a insulation pad to fit exactly in the top trays, 50mm celotex board worked perfect in mine height wise.

Then turn ur top wilma tray upside down with the insulation inside it. Then punch something through the centre of the insulation in the holes where all the netpots are going.

Flip it back around and remove the insulation out of the top tray. Youve now got holes punched where the centre of ur netpots are going to sit. Now you have a centre hole guide for your 5" holesaw (or whatever size netpots ur using).
    If you are not using a holesaw just use the centre holes as guides and place ur netpot over them and use that as a stencil but Remember to draw a slighty smaller circle to cut than the outside of ur netpot as you need the netpot to sit ontop of the tray and not fall through it

^^^^Then i tape over all the exposed cuts in board so little bits of insulation dont fall in ur res. On my last couple of runs ive coverd the whole insulation board with blackout sheeting to stop the insulation becoming moldy after loads of use and makes it a piece of piss to clean down after grows.

This is how it will look when the netpot sits in tray from underneath:

Obviously u dont have to put em all in the corners, you can make as many holes for as many net pots as you want like this pannel here ive actually got 7 holes cut out and ive just used the central hole to grow a tree and just recover the holes with the insulation you cut out:

Get yourself a good powerd air pump to suit the size of your res, a couple of 6" hailea air discs and its a reciepe for fast growth and killer grow

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (14-01-16), ERBURT (30-01-16), GEORGE (01-05-21), redisiel (29-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

Very nice think I'm gonna do 3 in a triangle shape or might just stick with 4 one in each corner.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-05-21), Jesse Pinkman (13-01-16), redisiel (29-01-16)

Dr-Chronic Guest

Legend thank you Jesse, I'll get butchering my system over the weekend then mate ready to roll in a month roofers finishing next week and Windows being done in a month can't wait been a good half a year

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

Dirty_badger (16-01-16), Jesse Pinkman (14-01-16), redisiel (29-01-16)

Dr-Chronic Guest

What I was gonna do Jess is set up it evenly so instead of the 8 pots filling the lot I'll take 4 out and space them evenly across the board mate thanks a lot Jesse loving the fact the netpots give me abit more room mate them pots take up shit loads of space with the res and top tray lmao
    Last edited by Dr-Chronic; 14-01-16 at 09:50 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

Jesse Pinkman (14-01-16), redisiel (29-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

Loving the Mods Jessie, only just found this thread, must have missed it.

In the future I am looking at modding my Wilma for RDWC, and I would like to use air pots, I have the 50 litre res Wilma, and want to look at growing two plants. I was going to do similar to you but rather than mod the Wilma top, I was going to get a Garland tray to fit over the top, what size airpots would you recommend Jesse?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

BritishBotanics (12-01-18), GEORGE (01-05-21), Jesse Pinkman (21-01-16), redisiel (29-01-16)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast