Thread: When will it stop growing

Thanks

Default When will it stop growing

Hi all,
    I've been doing a trial run with some bagseed that I got out of some nice bud... I am hoping to use the grow as research before I invest in some higher quality seeds...
    Been going really well and I am now three weeks into flowering with two females... The only problem is they really shot up when I introduced the nutes and I was wondering if any one could give me a rough idea as to how many weeks into flowering it usually takes for the vertical growth to stop... (I am very quickly running out of space to raise my light any further!)

Many thanks....

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

has it started slowing yet? do they look sativa dominant? i'm guessing it'll stop with in the next week or two. if they do get too big, dont be scared to bend the branches away from the light. you may think your doing harm but 9 times out of 10 you'll end up with more yield as bending a top down will create a canopy and more light can get to the lower bud sites. good luck.

Thanks

Hey man, thanks for the Quick post, really like the idea of the bending as a mate told me to trim the tops (was defo not keen on that one!), no everytime I visit the grow room they just seem to rocket up, I havn't the foggiest how to tell if its a sativa or indica dominant strain tbh!... good to know they'll be slowing down soon tho....
    Peace

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

sativa dominant plants will usually grow tall with one central cola and a few side branches and usually have thinner longer fingers on the leaves. they are known for their 'cerebral' 'heady' high. indica plants are usually shorter, bushier and have fatter sometimes rounder leaves, known for their more heavy 'couch-lock' stone! the reason for asking is sativa dom' plants usually stretch a bit more when flowering and could take a bit longer to stop growing.

eg. indica:

sativa:

there are countless mixes of the two tho so...

Thanks

Think it looks slightly more like the indica picture, more branching than the tall single topped sativa, thanks for the help mate.... have tied over a few tops and have managed to manipulate the plant and the lower bud sites are getting more light as well as the upper ones.... we'll have to see how the plant likes it but all looks gud so far....
    thanks again....
    peace