Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: shooting, bows target practice - Please check the legality in your country first

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 34,377 Times

Thumbs up

you need to look again chap few xbow's here no vert bows as yet, you can be the first chap.... yea genuine toxic broadheads.. i bet you could load and fire the bow faster way fastter. but vert bows are for fanny's lol.. no joking man get some pic's up of your bow..

we are looked down on by the BOW users ..... lol they think we are scum.. but they look way cooler ,, no hunting what so ever here in the uk... targets only ..

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oxy For This Useful Post:

Brownlegs (28-03-15), Catch_E_Monkey (24-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,664 Times

Use this Bow for fall harvest of fish in our cannals when they are drawn down. Just applied for a harvest licence for this year.

When im not in the mood to just laze around fishing with a fly rod or spinning set-up, i like to spear fish. Our waters are fairly cold so a minimum of 8mm full suit is needed. And a lighter gun is used due to our rocky bottoms on our rivers and streams.
    Vintage Falcon Nemrod gun

My Vintage cold water get-up. (As you can tell im an older fart)

On vacations i take along a custom made Rob Allen gun for larger fish and deeper sea fishing. She's in storage but ill take some pics when yhe weather warms up and she gets some service.

SkunkWorx - My currant Multi-Strain Perpetual 'Garden of Eden' Grow Adventures
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...5281-SkunkWorx

SkunkWorx 'Cacti Adventures'
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=165421

Interesting PDF Books: (Everything from A-Z will now mostly post Cannabis & Horticulture Information/Books)
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129856

Skunkbudda's Random Horticulture (Non Cannabis Garden):
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=131105

Skunkbudda goes Strain Hunting:
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=134649

Skunkbudda403's Show:
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=127664

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SkunkBudda403 For This Useful Post:

Brownlegs (29-03-15), Catch_E_Monkey (24-01-16), FoxyLady (26-03-15), M_C (29-03-15), Oxy (25-03-15)

Thanks

now we talking looks great,Skunk, nice bow .. law says we can off shore fish with bow.. never know one day i'll give it a go...

keep the pic's coming when it comes to harvesting season. show us what you get mukka...
    keep up the good work thanks for sharing .

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oxy For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (24-01-16), SkunkBudda403 (25-03-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
    now we talking looks great,Skunk, nice bow .. law says we can off shore fish with bow.. never know one day i'll give it a go...

keep the pic's coming when it comes to harvesting season. show us what you get mukka...
    keep up the good work thanks for sharing .
    It's basically shooting fish in a barrel. They draw down the canals, and the fish that get stuck in the pools are put into draws for anglers or anyone wanting to Harvest them lol, not much sport in it lmfao they would die either way as soon as the freeze came.

We use it to to put fish in the freezer. Ill post some fish slaying pictures from the fall harvest. And ill add my spear fishing adventures to the fishing thread.

Spear fishing is mainly for fun and sport. Only able to shoot suckers and burbot (ling cod) which are nice mixed with crab cakes

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkunkBudda403 For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (24-01-16), Oxy (25-03-15)

Thanks

awesome thanks fella, i'm not barbaric or a nutter, just jealous of our over the pond stoners , getting to hunt and slap meat on the table.. i could see my self ice fishing , deer hunting, trapping , skinning cook it and make things outta the hides n shit..

bring on the pic's. its boring here just shooting targets.. i'm a shore fisherman/boat,.... well not been for ages but need to get out more, now its getting warmer the bass wont be long..

but other than growing weed i love shooting the xbow.. think i'm getting darn good , but again they still targets.. lol bring on the zombies..

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oxy For This Useful Post:

Brownlegs (29-03-15), Catch_E_Monkey (24-01-16), FoxyLady (26-03-15), SkunkBudda403 (25-03-15)

Thanks

hey, I'm not looking down on crossbows.
    Just pointing out

Bows shoot arrows
    Crossbows FIRE bolts (and occassionally arrows)

UK here to. Call me a fanny all you want. I like fannys , they taste nice

I will get some photos up for ye, no prob, just gotta wait till I get back from ze amsterdam, canny be fkd gettin ma camera out (backpack packed 2 weeks ago

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brownlegs For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (24-01-16), Oxy (29-03-15), SkunkBudda403 (29-03-15)

Thanks

oh, and I have a special custom made one should be finished end of April, complete with a dozen nigh on indestructible reinforced arrows (I take the reinforced bit as a challenge)

I might even VIDYA that beast for ye.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brownlegs For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (24-01-16), Oxy (29-03-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
    i'm a shore fisherman/boat.
    I have a bow that I have set aside for bow fishing. Will be trying it later this year.
    Why not try somethin like that, combine sports.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brownlegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thumbs up

i would love a crack at bow or spear fishing, just gotta get my nipples wet in the sea first .. i only been into ankle deep this year , mon the summer,

good man enjoy the Dam. look forward to the pic's n vids. gotta love a good fanny.. thanks legs your the man.

tbo i would like a vert bow shhh tho ,compound rather than recurve... liking the sound of indestructible reinforced arrows. bring them on ... cheers bach

Quote Originally Posted by Brownlegs View Post
    I have a bow that I have set aside for bow fishing. Will be trying it later this year.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oxy For This Useful Post:

Brownlegs (29-03-15), Catch_E_Monkey (24-01-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brownlegs View Post
    Wish we had more bow fishing where im at. Only Time your allowed to bow fish is for harvesting with a licence. The laws are a little unclear or shady at best. Indians can hunt with em, I've ventured on to the reservations where conservation officers dont venture and dribble and dabble with friends whom are locals. They are strict on what im allowed to shoot with the spear gun &bow fishing ) guess it does affect the fishery as those are all lethal kills and there is no catch and release with that kind of fun, and if it wasn't regulated like it is people would desimate the fishery. A lot of people look down on it. But that's ok with me because what i kill i actually keep. Even those suckers i shoot are put into a crab cake mix. Not the best alone but great filler.

I learnt from a fella whom did it for fun and sport. He would do the river a couple times a month and well by the end of the month the river lacked a lot of fish he never kept them either.

Never tried bow or cross bow hunting. Like my rifles and handguns and unfortunately here we arnt allows handgun hunting (need A permit to move the handgun from place to place).. have done my share of black bear hunting and elk & moose hunting. Haven't been out in a couple years with personal family reasons. But now that things have settled with the family situation i'd like to get back into moose hunting & the occasional black bear hunting.

Are bows for fannys . I don't know id say that. I sure wouldn't wanna take a black beat or a moose on a fair play hunt. (Stalk and shoot). I've had close calls with a 306 and not placing it propper kill shot.

Lost a family's friend this past
    hunting season were im from. He was sheep hunting (big dream of mine) and he was stalked and killed by a grizzly bear. very experianced hunter as well.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkunkBudda403 For This Useful Post:

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast