Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Am I just really stoned or does growing organic weed have a lot in common with Linux

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,368 Times

From an IT professional perspective I see where your coming form! Lol!

Sent from my JY-G3 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Cool

I use to get all kinds of virus, and kill several computer's over time, trying to save them and get all the stuff off. Then I got me an IBM, and hadn't had a problem since then. This computer is the great's computer I have ever own. If something wants to invade it, it just simple say's, we will have none of that. I think it has more to do with how your computer is set up, than any thing else. My old windows 7, may they rest in piece. happy growing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I use to get all kinds of virus, and kill several computer's over time, trying to save them and get all the stuff off. Then I got me an IBM, and hadn't had a problem since then. This computer is the great's computer I have ever own. If something wants to invade it, it just simple say's, we will have none of that. I think it has more to do with how your computer is set up, than any thing else. My old windows 7, may they rest in piece. happy growing
    It isn't the make of the computer that makes a difference the biggest difference is the operating system you use. With any Windows PC you are open to attack, with the Linux OS you are much less open to attacks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vador View Post
    Lol you don't get it I do use Linux and I do grow organic, I detest windows and I think windows 8 is an abomination, I've been on your side the whole of his thread but was just pointing out a few things along the way
    Ps when running as root you don't need to enter any passwords to make system changes so neither will a hacker, root access can be gained easily if the person doesn't know how to protect their computer properly
    Moral of the story is just because people say you can't get viruses on Linux doesn't mean you shouldn't protect yourself, especially with all the government spying and the increase in hacking and things going on

On a separate note did you see the files Edward snowdan leaked?? Every text message we send from our phones is monitored and recorded The National Security Agency has collected almost 200 million text messages a day from across the globe, using them to extract data including location, contact networks and credit card details
    Unbelievable, just goes to show if your phones not safe then no pc or laptop is either
    Yeah the government has been tracking us for years, but I don't worry about it much because there are not enough Federal agents to deal with people like me that just grow state legal weed. But yeah they can monitor everything you do electronically, make no mistake about it. There is no hiding from big brother. Using Linux may give you a bit of security but honestly if the government wants to hack into your PC they will find a way. There are friends of mine that would swear up and down their PC is able to withstand any attack from any hacker but the government just has too much money to stop.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GrandpaJon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-01-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JuNX View Post
    loving this thread. rofl. I wanna try what your smoking :P

<3 all O/S in their own ways. I have used Windows 98 up to Windows 8, iOS 9/10 mt lion, and ubuntu and redhat. I must say overall....ubuntu and apple's mt lion are by far the smoothest systems ive used. Oh and I will add, never had a virus on either of them. Always get some crummy bug when I install Windows. >.<!!!
    I actually am a weirdo and I do think Windows 8 is a big improvement. They now have a secure boot which helps protect from root kits and they have tightened up the wireless security to some degree. I don't like that there is no start button by default but you can get third party software to get it back.

Thanks

Grandpajon, is right, the government has been on to us since I can remember, as far back as the 1050's, on the tv show's they use to perten that you had to have the phone off the hook for a certain amount of time in order for them to trace where the call was coming from. That just wasn't true, I had a good friend that work in the phone company, and they could could tell you when a phone was connect, and where it was located instantly. So don't think that Grandpajon is wrong, because he isn't. O course the government is watching us, and on your phone all your calls are recorded for later use, if they need to be. happy growing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Grandpajon, is right, the government has been on to us since I can remember, as far back as the 1050's, on the tv show's they use to perten that you had to have the phone off the hook for a certain amount of time in order for them to trace where the call was coming from. That just wasn't true, I had a good friend that work in the phone company, and they could could tell you when a phone was connect, and where it was located instantly. So don't think that Grandpajon is wrong, because he isn't. O course the government is watching us, and on your phone all your calls are recorded for later use, if they need to be. happy growing
    They have the ability to monitor every call, email, and text you make but they do not have the man power to actually do anything with this. There are less than 10,000 FBI agents and there are over 300,000,000 US citizens so the FBI doesn't have the time to monitor you unless you are seriously up to no good.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GrandpaJon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-01-15)

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaJon View Post
    They have the ability to monitor every call, email, and text you make but they do not have the man power to actually do anything with this. There are less than 10,000 FBI agents and there are over 300,000,000 US citizens so the FBI doesn't have the time to monitor you unless you are seriously up to no good.
    I agree, that is some good information, but It's not the feds, that you need to worry about. If you live in a state like the one I live in, Some day the State police is going to show you how bad and powerful they are, I don't care if you are minding your own business and not doing anything but growing for your self. Been their done that. With that said, you can never be to careful.

Thanks

i'd rather all my emails and surfin' gets monitored than some Syrian convert blowing me and the family up on a plane journey. i really don't think the relevant authorities give a tinker's curse whether you growing a few plants or not. i reckon they more onto monitoring VPN's and apps like Tor Browers, Whois operating system, etc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3