Thread: Recommendations on a grow tent 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 i am looking for quality.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

Default Recommendations on a grow tent 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 i am looking for quality.

Hi i have a DS150 ATM and tbh its crap as soon as i erected it i knew it was total rubbish. I am looking for recommendations on a quality tent that does not leak light have plastic fittings to secure poles. Would really like to know peoples views on there tents. I have heard good things about the DR120 but my experience with secret jardine has put me off buying any more of their products.
    I have looked at the Green Cube looks a good tent but there is nothing like hearing it from experienced growers.
    Thanks for any replies.
    Kbag

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

kbag (27-11-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

Just put away 1 Dr 120 a DS 120 and a Dr 240 the only one I had any probs with was the DS just didn't have the quality the Dr have im still using one of my Dr 240 s as a veg room the others carefully put away for future use be in constant use from I bough em all about 4 yrs ago
    Maybe they have let there standards slip but I know the ones I got served me very very well , I was going to go with 2 dr150 s with new lights when I was buying them but opted for my own room instead, sorry to hear you are getting problems bro

Up the irons

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

kbag (27-11-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Look at the green room brand of tents, one of the best well built tents on the market at the moment in my opinion.

Regards BL
    Looks the exact type of thing i am looking for.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kbag View Post
    Looks the exact type of thing i am looking for.
    I got one lasts year, 1.5 x 1.5 x 2, not the cheapest tent on the market, came in at £240 I think, but well worth the extra few quid. Very well build with thick steel poles & corner couplers. the zips are heavy duty and so is the skin & mylar. They have 4 outlet socks, 2 in the roof and 2 in the sides near the top and a couple at the bottom, all capable of accepting 200mm ducting. They come with three strong straps for filter insulation on the roof bars....Piss all over secret jardin.

Regards BL
    Last edited by Bud Lightyear; 27-11-14 at 02:19 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

FrostieNugs (19-02-17), GEORGE (05-12-14), kbag (27-11-14), The budda (27-11-14)

Thanks

£ 144.00 quid for the size you're looking for, i've sent you a link PM....

Regards BL

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

They do look much much more secure than the Drs bro
    Looks cool bud thanks for sharing

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (27-11-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Cool

Bud has the right idea, and tent to match. I on the other hand I have just the obset , a 3'x3'x6.5' cheep $75.00 tent, with lots of light leaks. And with all that said about it, it doesn't seem to have any effect on the growth or product. Will do in a pinch, if you are on a budget like my self. There is 3 more of these little 4" fans, one in the back, and two on top. So you see what I mean by lots of light leaks, but really dark in the day time, just lose a little when the lights or on. I run one exhaust and 3 intake when in the Flowering stage, and two and two when in the veg. Works out very well for me. good luck and happy growing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	280623   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	280624  

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

kbag (05-12-14)

Thanks

i was going to buy a MarsHydro growtent, but after this last grop was harvested, i realized i needed more space, and height, lol, as i use LED's with long hanging wires, my plants got too tall.

so i was thinking ( common problem ), what if i built something that i could modify as the need dictates, so i was thinking ( yet again ), polystyrene sheets ( 2.4M x 1.2M x 50mm, or 8ft x 4ft x 2in ) would be great insulation, and the right height ( 2.4M ), and make a room inside a room, using many sheets, ( walls, ceiling and floor ), by adding more sheets i could increase the volume as required, and line it with mylar film ( i have a 8M roll of this for trial purposes, 97% reflective, self adhesive on one side ).

i was thinking ( it must be time for a smoke ), where was i, oh yeah, build an electrical and ventilation room on one side of it, using plywood and light timber framing, with large inlet and exhaust manifolds to reduce noise, all highly insulated of course, many things can be perfected, and many problems solved through good design...

i am still thinking about the solution, but more importantly, coming up with a passive system for temperature control, light gathering using tubular skylighting into the room with the grow room, to supplement the light from my four MarsHydro 300 watt LED's, using a removable ceiling panel during the daytime, that has a sheet of glass under it.

anyway, that's just an alternative choice for people like myself, that like doing things a bit differently to the other people, to see if it works for them. :-)