Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Has anyone ever set up a silent grow?

Thanks

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mdBjz7fWrCQ

I reckon that's probably the one!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,671 Times

I've been running a tent up in the roofspace/attic above our bedroom for 2 years now without the missus knowing. I made little or no effort to deaden the noise and you can barely hear a hum on our bedroom. And that's only really cos I'm standing listening for it, she's never mentioned anything once.
    Though she has never and will never go up there, so that's one thing and since I work from home a lot I can get up to do feeds etc while she's at work.
    I'd say crack on with what you've got planned so far, I doubt you'll have much/any noise down below

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chemcical For This Useful Post:

tomryder (12-12-14)

Thanks

I set up a tent in my loft. And the wife didn't catch on for ages till I got a air pump for my water reserve. She caught on pretty quick.
    "Are you growing weed in the loft. You better not!"
    Sure enough she woke me after a night shift to say she found it. She was not a happy chappy. No sir. Anywho after a stupid row she thinks it's all down.
    The reality is I just went up and turned off the air pump. Am waiting on her going back up but she haven't since the last time.
    My only problem is the temps at night. I only use a small tent 50x50x100 cm so can't really get a heater in it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Thewiginthenorth For This Useful Post:

tomryder (12-12-14)

Thanks

Heres your solution. I use it under one of my plant heating the soil. Dry pretty quickly. The temp from mat is about 40 C or more.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to maxld47 For This Useful Post:

Thewiginthenorth (08-12-14)

Thanks

Thewiginthenorth chemcical

What are you both doing about the hot exhaust air? feeding back into the house or cooling it somehow? the AC unit idea has gone down the shitter, don't think i'll be able to get the decibels lowered enough on one of those things unfortunately.

Decided against doing it in the wallspace now,there's an old empty water cupboard thing up there that i think would be more suitable.

Attachment 281276
    Attachment 281277

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tomryder For This Useful Post:

Thewiginthenorth (15-12-14)

Thanks

Coupla random pics of my outdoor crop that has been polished off near enough. I wish i wasn't so bloody generous with my mates when i'm high!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	032.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	281290

Name:	042.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	281291

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tomryder For This Useful Post:

UncleTBag (12-12-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tomryder View Post
    Coupla random pics of my outdoor crop that has been polished off near enough. I wish i wasn't so bloody generous with my mates when i'm high!

Name:	032.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	281290

Name:	042.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	281291
    Very nice mate, im gonna do an outdoor grow next year, much safer than in your own gaff.

Thanks

Sweet man, may i suggest running "Wild White" and "Royal Dane" from HFH seeds. Great result from those this year!

Thanks

I'm using a 10" and 12" fans I hope you can't hear anything below as I live in a flat if I stand in my bedroom the room next door I can barely hear it so I guess that's what they hear below its not much but then again the wall between the rooms is solid the floor and flat belows ceiling isn't and not very well insulated

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2