Been Thanked: 23,085 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sqysenberg View Post
    ftw = for the win (thor the win ftw) need to be down with the kids mate 🙌🏻
    Ah cheers sqys mate, I wasn't down with them when I was one lol

For i am mighty💪🌲

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrG For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (24-08-16), GEORGE (13-04-20)

Thanks

Quality thread mate. Think I'll be trying this now. (Away to make a screen).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to naber For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-04-20)

MrMen Guest

very informative thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrG View Post
    Overview of ScrOG Process

Scrogging, or screen of green, is a form of LST (low stress training) where the main goal is to maximize the footprint of your light.*With standard, Christmas tree style plants, you can only lower the light until it’s close enough to the top cola. ANY bud from there down is getting less light. With a traditional setup, the lower each bud is on the plant, the less light those buds get.*

The scrog process*is done by dividing, or breaking down the main cola, in conjunction with raising all the lower bud up to the canopy.

We grow the plant horizontally until we are a few weeks into the Flowering stage.

This is a key point as many attempts at Scrogging turn out to be merely a skeletal support structures for standard plants, not real Scrogs.

Attachment 280749

A Scrog is when you bring those arms up and run them lengthwise under the screen. All those would-be popcorn buds become real buds because they become part of the canopy and receive direct light.

Lower buds are brought up to the screen or the screen is lowered, allowing them to become a part of the canopy.

Attachment 280750

This is only a few weeks later, with more than a month left in the flowering stage

Attachment 280751

Now that you've learned how Scrogging works, are you ready to start using*a screen during your next grow?

Screen materials

I have tried pretty much most of the standard things you can use for screen. Below are the 4 main ones used, listed in my order of preference

1.) STRING*- The very best. Laces up quick and easy and you just snip, snip, snip come harvest time. Throw it away and lace up a new one.

2.) Twine/hemp cord*- Pretty much the same ease of use as string but you get hairs in the buds from fraying.

3.) Plastic fencing - works well but is kinda sloppy looking.

4.) Chicken wire / fishing line - The 2 worst

Chicken wire is terrible because the buds actually grow into it and you have to “cut” your harvest out. Snipping up chicken wire into a bunch of smaller pieces sucks, you get poked a lot and is an overall nightmare compared to string. Does it work as a screen? Quite well, but chicken wire sucks to remove.

The fishing line is also bad news as it can cut a stem, arm etc, very quickly and easily. Consider it to be “sharp”. I have only used 12 lb test, I imagine something in the 30+ range might work pretty good though. Avoid any “braided” fishing lines especially

This is my version of a screen that is both easy to work and re-usable forever. I simply lined a square of 2x4's with eye hooks
    Attachment 280752

Cont..
    Hi dou yoi have to keep raising the scrogg netting as the plants grow new to this sorry if i sound stupid

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mull420canna For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

no, the screen stays in place, you train the stems outward and flip the lights when the screen is 80% full

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    no, the screen stays in place, you train the stems outward and flip the lights when the screen is 80% full
    Flip to 12 hours i guesss

And so whem they grow through nets just bend them back under till they all look similar height is this corect

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mull420canna For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,811 Times

Default The ultimate SCROG thread

Place the net about 1ft from the canopy, when the growth gets up to the net and through, pull back under and guide to fill the net space up. This is my one plant scrog I have on the go now, check out Jokers diary thread too hes the scrog guru round here at the moment 

Once she grows back through just tuck again and so on till the net is 70% full then flip to 12/12.you may need some trimming along the way and strip all the undercarriage once flipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Peanut butter; 30-03-18 at 11:57 PM.
    ~~~ Northern Lights x Big Bud / SCROG..one plant, 16oz total yield

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Big-Bud-SCROG

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Peanut butter For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-04-20)

Thanks

FINALLY!! I thought I was going mad!

I'm back to growing after 10 years and when I left the game, SCRoG mean screen, not net!

Every recent video I've watched about scrog is some bullshit with a net thrown over the top! Mainly American to be honest.

Great info MrG!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DrFox For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-04-20)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast