Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Carnivorous Plants

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,947 Times

Wonder if having one of them in your groom could help keep check on any pests?

scoobyvince Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ezroller View Post
    Wonder if having one of them in your groom could help keep check on any pests?
    I don't think so, because they tend to attract bugs mate, unless am wrong in thinking this. And I don't think they eat them all, only those that get caught in their "mouths".
    My Kush plants are only very young at the mo, as you can see from my diary, only couple weeks old so I did stick them in the tent but they will come out as soon as I see some improvement in them.
    I'll update on those now & again, though, to show the progress.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to scoobyvince For This Useful Post:

Ezroller (16-12-14)

Thanks

Picking myself some up tommorow forgot about these plants.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadmau5l For This Useful Post:

scoobyvince Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmau5l View Post
    Picking myself some up tommorow forgot about these plants.
    Amazing thing mate. I love the way they just catch the fly that land on them. Pretty cool. Couple days later you go back when it's reopened and the skeleton is there, waiting for the rain and wind to wash it off. The have quite a tall flower too. Thing the flower attracts the bugs.

Thanks

Thise fky traps are mad pretty looking!!! Have u seen the bell trap though?? Thats not what its called but its shaped like a little bell with the insides being broght and slippery bug comes buy OH THS SMELLLS YUMMYYY and OPPS the lid shuts anf yhe bugs are digested alive creeppyyy right lol their gorgeous yho i never knew that they was so pretty. Now yall got me wanting to try sheehs stop padsing around the grow bug man not everyone got space lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NYCgoonQueens For This Useful Post:

scoobyvince Guest

Must say I haven't seen the bell traps or whatever. Wonder if I could get them from where I got the fly traps. No harm in asking eh!!

scoobyvince Guest

Well a smll update on the fly traps.

After about a week under CFL in the tent and a day under the 400w dual spec HPS, I must say I'm not seeing a lot of changes. Maybe they are slow growing plants. And truthfully I'm not sure how big they grow.

Anyway I have given them 1/4 of a dose of Bio Grow, even though I know those plants don't really need rich soil and nutes, I thought this would maybe do them good. So let's see what 0.5ml/l of those nutes does to them. We shall know in a few day I guess.

Main thing, they are still alive, no new growth but they are doing ok.

Thanks for looking

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-12-21_00001.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	282215 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-12-21_00002.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	282216

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,127 Times

Just had a quick squizz round the net about these seems your not meant to feed them nutes , you need to feed them 'live' flies. And the soil needs to be quite acidic with good drainage. Cool looking plants I seen the on David Attenborough the other night they have like a booby trap in there flower which closes the trap, another one of mother nature's great creations.

scoobyvince Guest

yeah I know man, they don't like rich soil at all. but I thought maybe a wee bit of a boost would do them good. We'll see what happens.
    Yeah I seen them in action, they are very quick at catching the flies and moskitoes though. The flower was so tall and I'm not sure if it's the flower that attracts the flies but they caught a few on my balcony last summer.

Hope they survive the week feed I gave them. thanks for the info and looking in mate.

Thanks

Go get you some crickets from the pet store and pop a couple into their mouths my la dlord does that for herz. U makjng me wanna buy some for my tent keep them bugs off my bitches and into the jaws of death muuwaahahah lol

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast