Thread: Shed Grow w/ Natural Light Set Up

Thanks

Lightbulb Shed Grow w/ Natural Light Set Up

Hi there,
    I've only just joined the forums and have never grown. I have done some research as a friend of mine has wanted to try and do a small grow, just a few plants, for quite a while now. After recently finding the perfect spot he is wondering if it would be worth trying however as it would be an unusual set up there is very little on the internet with a similar idea. Basically my friend has a concrete outhouse with no roof and he was thinking that it could work as a grow house if it had plastic sheeting put on the top and was coated with mylar, or any other reflective material, on the inside. There is no electricity to this outhouse and i don't think it would be feasible to try and implement it. Quite simply he was wondering, is this possible? And if so what has he overlooked, as without any experience he has no idea. Does anyone have any suggestions of things such as reflective material, sheeting materials, would fans be required? What kind of strains would be a good idea to go for which would survive the UK's weather? All that kind of thing. Any help is good.
    Cheers.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to UKGreenhouseman For This Useful Post:

bigbodacheese (22-12-14)

Thanks

First off indica strains& fast finishers 6/8 weeks flowering time early September your gambling with mold mildew problems which occur with wet damp conditions after September outside. An out house to me sounds risky if your in the middle of no where with no security and with there being more chance of some one finding your crop ie tramp kids etc etc, if its in ya back yard go for it but better off using nature to blend your plants in if doing it gorilla. I guess you could turn your out house into agreen house in effect but its going to all that trouble Making roofs and using reflective material, in my eyes its not worth it, alot of people do it and have success growing outdoors in the UK without doing all that. My advice to you and your mate would be do some digging on good strains which have been grown outdoors in the UK. Ie grow diarys etc and just find some secluded spots which are south facing. Prep your sites with some decent soil if the dirt is isn't good enough to use,with some good size holes bang your plants in the ground after you have grown them bigger enough and acclimatized them to survive the temperatures outside may time Defences will be required to ward off rabbits and copper tape, pellets to keep the slugs eating your plants. And its pretty much go there threw the summer months and watch your babies grow. :-) If you need help defo this site will help you there's lots of people here if you need it but make sure you do some home work before asking as some people will think your just being bone idle.
    Neways good luck next year my advice would be don't use an out house there's no need just use nature peace ✌ hope this helps you :-)
    Last edited by bigbodacheese; 22-12-14 at 07:47 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

Your friend will need a way to move air around or he will get bud rot. Wouldn't try an enclosed garden without fans.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

Thanks

Why bother putting a top on it just leave it open, fill it full of good soil and have at ur. The biggest issue will be sunlight imo due to solid walls. An auto may be a good strain for getting it done early. Here they work great cause your done before planes fly lol.