Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Smart meters, the future is looking grim for growers.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,392 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    You take longer regular baths
    No had a bath in 12 years minimum dude 👀, can be in an out the shower in 5 mins 😂😂

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Subterranean Man For This Useful Post:

gardro (15-10-18), GEORGE (24-07-19), WF420 (15-10-18)

Thanks

I've refused energy meters at every time of offering at our property for multiple reasons. Surveillance of my energy usage data will ultimately be collected by the energy provide (likely sold to third parties for nefarious purposes). I pay the bill, no one else business what I'm using energy for at any given time. Next thing "we've noticed a pattern in your energy consumption, would you be interested in our Growers Tariff"

Another consideration is security, whilst no expert on the subject various reputable sources question how bulletproof these meters with regards to cyber threats. Not so very long ago the government was also in a rush to roll out condensing boilers only to subsequently discover a fundamental flaw. The condensing boiler drain pipe if not correctly insulated freezes up when the temperature drops significantly below freezing outside causing ultimately the boiler to fail. Just when you need heat the most....

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Poisonata For This Useful Post:

coconewbie (25-07-19), GEORGE (24-07-19), Mac (24-07-19), M_C (24-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

I am a home owner and until the day I'm forced to I ain't playing ball

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

FACE (24-07-19), GEORGE (24-07-19), Mac (24-07-19), M_C (24-07-19), Valentina (25-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

I just don't see what the problem is, To me it is much better. There no one coming out ever month. Never know if they were the neighbor or not, when they use to come out. If you get an email wanting to know how much elect you use that is not the elect company, common since should tell you that they already know. I use to get them all the time, but I just deleted them and paid no attention to them. People try and trick you all the time sending email's that have nothing to do with them.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Mac (25-07-19), Valentina (25-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I just don't see what the problem is,
    But this is the UK hotshot

Let me tell you what is going to happen once they get the damn things into peoples homes....

The electric prices will be changed to 'expensive and 'not expensive rates' - this will (for them) help the national electric grid to keep an even supply by penalising people who want to use power at peak times & offering a reduction (which will be the current tariff!)for those that are happy to use it at obscure times.

The UK does not have the power capacity as it stands & a really bad winter will cause brown outs - However, we are getting rid of internal combustion vehicles for the sake of electric ones... where the fuck is this extra electric coming from as we are not building new power stations!

In the UK smart meters are there as a beating stick.... maybe not next year but guaranteed in the next 10 years... that is why they are so heavily refused!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (24-07-19), GEORGE (24-07-19), Greengrass (25-07-19), Kurdt (25-07-19), RASTA (24-07-19), Subterranean Man (24-07-19), Valentina (25-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,392 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    But this is the UK hotshot

Let me tell you what is going to happen once they get the damn things into peoples homes....

The electric prices will be changed to 'expensive and 'not expensive rates' - this will (for them) help the national electric grid to keep an even supply by penalising people who want to use power at peak times & offering a reduction (which will be the current tariff!)for those that are happy to use it at obscure times.

The UK does not have the power capacity as it stands & a really bad winter will cause brown outs - However, we are getting rid of internal combustion vehicles for the sake of electric ones... where the fuck is this extra electric coming from as we are not building new power stations!

In the UK smart meters are there as a beating stick.... maybe not next year but guaranteed in the next 10 years... that is why they are so heavily refused!
    Great Post MC, your a bit off with the UK quote tho , we have shitloads of power in Scotland and would be sweet

The sea hydro power potential of the pentland Firth (sea to youz non Scots) alone is enough to drive the majority of the country , add the wind and the rain systems as well

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Subterranean Man For This Useful Post:

FACE (24-07-19), GEORGE (24-07-19), Mac (25-07-19), M_C (24-07-19), scoobywho (24-07-19), Valentina (25-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean Man View Post
    Great Post MC, your a bit off with the UK quote tho , we have shitloads of power in Scotland and would be sweet

The sea hydro power potential of the pentland Firth (sea to youz non Scots) alone is enough to drive the majority of the country , add the wind and the rain systems as well
    "A Scottish tidal power project in the Pentland Firth has the potential to supply enough energy to power 175,000 Scottish homes" - only just the majority of Glasgow (289,399) never mind the UK... and wind relies on the wind blowing (but not too hard!) Rain systems? Ain't gonna make up the shortfall

Trust me, you are being lied to. The Scottish do not have enough renewable energy to power Scotland never mind the rest of the UK

I'm no means anti renewable energy, I'm just aware that it isn't what we are lead to believe it is

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-07-19), scoobywho (24-07-19), Valentina (25-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,994 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    "A Scottish tidal power project in the Pentland Firth has the potential to supply enough energy to power 175,000 Scottish homes" - only just the majority of Glasgow (289,399) never mind the UK... and wind relies on the wind blowing (but not too hard!) Rain systems? Ain't gonna make up the shortfall

Trust me, you are being lied to. The Scottish do not have enough renewable energy to power Scotland never mind the rest of the UK

I'm no means anti renewable energy, I'm just aware that it isn't what we are lead to believe it is
    Should be pushing to install solar on every building they can imo instead of high rises being clad in flammable shit turn them into solar towers. it's the most reliable and lowest maintenance imo. Once the battery tech improves it will be properly feasible.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

AND (24-07-19), GEORGE (24-07-19), Kurdt (25-07-19), M_C (24-07-19), Valentina (25-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

I refused smart meter and it’s not being forced but there is company’s that don’t use them

Sent from my bum hole using crapatalk

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

AND (24-07-19), GEORGE (24-07-19), IceCalibur (24-07-19), Kurdt (25-07-19), M_C (24-07-19), Valentina (25-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

I've now got a smart meter but my supplier says I haven't...go figure...I'm looking at it as I'm speaking to them...they're saying no...I'm still looking at it saying yes...I actually got asked to describe it about 1.3 seconds before I hung up

Very handy...tells me the kettle has boiled

Have very good grounds to get it removed (even though I don't have it) but can't be arsed...

I'll let you all know if the door goes in

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-01-20), Greengrass (25-07-19), IceCalibur (24-07-19), Kurdt (25-07-19), Mac (25-07-19), Valentina (25-07-19)

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast