Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Possession ticket in Oregon-options?

probably somewhere i dont want to be smoking weed
    Thanks

Could be a lot worse I'm from Washington when I went to visit family got pulled over all I had was the burnt bowl in my pipe they flipped it over and a lil was still green they charged me with felony for bringing weed across the border

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buddebud View Post
    Could be a lot worse I'm from Washington when I went to visit family got pulled over all I had was the burnt bowl in my pipe they flipped it over and a lil was still green they charged me with felony for bringing weed across the border
    Damn boss. Shithell

BlackJack Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AfternoonJones View Post
    I recently got a possession ticket for less than an ounce of marijuana in Central Oregon. The presumptive fine is 650.00

I was in Oregon visiting family (I am from California) and got pulled over. I instantly told the officer I had a small amount of marijuana (12.00 worth) and that I was a california medical marijuana card holder.

He demanded to search the vehicle (I never consented) and after a short time, said that the smell alone was enough for him to search it without my consent.

Now..I am wondering what the best plan of action would be. Some of my friends have told me to try and push the court date back until it is legalized in Oregon and they will have to throw it out. Others have said that if found guilt of a crime before it's made legal, you're still liable to pay the consequences and go to court.

Another friend had an idea that I should just travel up to Oregon and get my Medical recommend there and bring it into court with me, hoping that the judge will just dismiss the citation. Can anyone confirm or disprove that this would work?

I have a California Drivers license but my birth certificate is from Portland Oregon. I'm not even sure if they will allow me to get my medical card in Oregon without a current state ID?

Any advice or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time!
    Friend I'm an ex cop from Va. It is true that he had "probable cause" to search if he smelled an odor associated with that of pot. The only way an Oregon med permit will help is if you can find someone to back date it to a date it prior to the stop.....having said that, I don't recommend it, nor am I suggesting you give it a try. Why? Because if they find out what you have done it would get you in a much worse situation with a much more dire out come. The spill over from Washington has got Oregon officials cracking down on everyone caught with any amount of weed in their possession. The friend that suggested you get the court date postponed until a time Oregon legalizes pot may/or not, help but here is what I would do.
    If it is worth you going back for the court date, I would. Bring your med card and if you can, get one from Oregon. When it's your turn to ask the cop questions make sure he admits you were up front with him about the pot, showed a current legal card and the amount of pot he found was the amount you say it was. Also if he doesn't testify that he search your car and person make sure you ask him what he found during the search. He is probably counting on you not to take the time to show up for court and just pay the fine, if it is a prepayable offense. Also bring some medical records confirming your need for the weed. Good luck! If you want to PM me to discuss this farther please feel free.
    Last edited by dogman; 18-01-15 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,726 Times

Well now everyone in Oregon can grow 4 plants and have 8 ounces. Reach out to attorney I net you get it dismissed.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2