Thread: white widow harvest time

Thanks

Default white widow harvest time

my widows are now in the 8 weeks of flowering,and i want a head stone more then a couch stone,so i should wait untill the trichs are cloudy,however some sites say that white widow develops the white christals in about 10 weeks,which i liked the look of,but this will give me a couch stone if im right,what happens if you let a plant flower for too long,does it lose it thc content as im scared im not going tio harvest at the right time and lose its potentcy,ive ordered a magnifing class but its not arrived yet,can someone clarify what ive said and give me some advice on what to do,hope this makes sense,thanks

Thanks

The consensus on this site is to check the trichs with a scope - this works pretty good. Cloudy/clear for a head-stone, cloudy/amber for a couchlock...but

I'm likely to get shot down here - we'll see...

I still use my mini-micro camera to check % clear/cloudy/amber trichs but I use my nose more. The problem with scoping stuff at high magnification is that trichs (esp. clear trichs) will refract light in odd ways making them pick up a 'sympathetic' colour from the surroundings or a prism effect from the light source.

I had a purple 'swirl' in some trichs recently (I wish I could photograph at high magnification - I'm still experimenting with that) but I'm not convinced that it wasn't a trick of the light. Whichever way, the stone, colour and aroma on that plant is beautiful - can't wait till it's cured!

You should be able to see what colour the pistils are going to turn in the first three or four weeks - let a good % of the pistils turn their final colour and keep sniffing. Sniff carefully - don't screw your buds by rubbing them silly, just pull a leaf aside and gently sample the aroma. Buds can and will go too far in the persuit of a killer stone, with a little practice you can smell when they have reached the desired potency. Once you get a whiff of something that smells... less nice... than the smell you have become accustomed to - start thinking about harvesting.
    O God of earth and altar, bow down and hear our cry,
    our earthly rulers falter, our people drift and die;
    the walls of gold entomb us, the swords of scorn divide,
    take not thy thunder from us, but take away our pride.
    G.K. Chesterton

Thanks

thanks snake,its just ive seen this pic about when to harvest and now im worried im gonna harvest to late

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

if you haven't got a scope all i can sugest is when the plant is in full flower she is producing pistals quicker than the older ones are dieing back,when the pistal production slows right down she is nearing harvest time.try taking a photo on macro and magnifying it on your computer this may help you see them .
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

Thanks

yeah i tried that wert,but my cam not so great at macros,i guess i will have to wait till my mag glass arrives,its just on the white widow pictures ive seen the plant has very white pistals, but mine are more of a red/brown colour and i dont want to harvest too long because i dont like the couch smoke,but the head high,thanks anyway

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

you need to grow a sativa schuey .sounds like the high you are looking for,white widow is a great smoke one of my favourites,head and body stone,not really a full on couch lock.

Thanks

yeah wert, its just i tried a sample last nite,and was zonked out big time, its proberly because i smoked too much and this strain is much stronger then anything iive smoked before,so it crashed and burned me,i try less tonite and see lol,thanks mate,also i have not flushed yet so that mite have not helped