Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Diy aeroponic scrog machine

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,513 Times

Mate did the mods you mention but i don't know how he faired though.
    Imnice

2. The Following User Says Thank You to imnice For This Useful Post:

ironjustice (10-02-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,585 Times

Quote Originally Posted by imnice View Post
    Well i know a fella who did all what you did and he was meticulous in his attention to detailing his custom system yet it all went pete tong when his sprayers clogged up and his plants were near fucked in just a single day without water also his roots trailed into his res like what you mentioned you would like and also clogged up his feed pump consequently he had to ditch the aero system for nft as it was more reliable.
    Btw i have grown in amazons modified to be better and they were shite in always having to keep tabs on everything compared to what i do now.
    So that was the method in my madness in making the comment Iron.
    I'll try and find his thread from another site and pm it to you.
    Imnice
    Cheers Imnice.. and i agree it will take a fair bit to maintain... im just going to suck it and see, if this indeed does go pete tong then i will build a rdwc system as the are simple and fool proof and go back to deep water.. im going to get a filter bag for the pump and hopefully this will solve some of the root clogging problems hopefully.. again from research this seems to be a common way of sorting that out.. for me changing and cleaning the spray heads once a fortnight or month as a mater of course will be easier than the hand feeding etc that i have been doing, im a cripple and its getting to the point where i just cant do it anymore, so with this system i just drain it with a pump straight down the shitter and fill it up from a black bin in the bathroom.. so its pretty easy to keep on top of.. same as the nft.. so fucking simple man, im loving the growth on my 424 and the sssdh i got in there, crazy growth.. but i get bored easy and am at home all day so i think i do this more out of boredom than anything else pmsl..

cheers dude..

IJ

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ironjustice For This Useful Post:

imnice (09-02-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imnice View Post
    Mate did the mods you mention but i don't know how he faired though.
    Imnice
    oh fuck lol well we will see how i get on.. if it goes to rat shit i have dwc buckets and another nft system i can put them in.. or even pots of coco, good job im here all day to keep an eye.. some benefits to being a cripple lol

cheers

IJ

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ironjustice For This Useful Post:

imnice (09-02-15)

Thanks

I was quite concerned switching to sprayers as well but it went really well for the first run. Clogging in my system was from plastic bits, once I cleaned them out everything was good. I was even able to run tea without clogs. Very stable system and very good growth as well. Good luck!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waterdawg12 For This Useful Post:

imnice (09-02-15), ironjustice (10-02-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironjustice View Post
    Well i feel like screaming and smashing the whole lot to bits... mrs was in town today i asked her to get me a hole cutter set and she got me a 45 quid set which i wasn't impressed at the price, but the bigger hole cutters the arbor doesnt fit my shitty old drill ffs...

and as for the spray heads you can just pull them out and change them clean them, easy as that.. they sit in the top of the chamber and just slot in, the pipe work is all external so nothing to get tangled.. its a really well thought out design imo and if anything goes wrong its all accessible... im thinking that i am going to have to rethink what i am doing here though cos i am having a mare building the system.. for various reasons.. so may end up building a 4 plant rdwc system and use that this grow lol and then i can build this aero system in my own time rather than rushing a bodge job lol

wish i had the head room for two totes on eachother.. whats the total height of your system..
    Its about 24" and I have 7.5' so not enough lol. Most strains are ok but some require major training and breaking lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to waterdawg12 For This Useful Post:

ironjustice (10-02-15)

Thanks

Just to clarify the upper tote is more like a tray at appr 8" tall. I really dont think there is any more maintenance involved in this type of system. As for things like a pump quitting, the reason I have done systems like this,with the roots in air, is they can last for a while just from the moisture in the root mat (a couple of days). The dwc systems, be it recirc or not, are not forgiving at all and plants die pretty quick with no air. I get the odd power outage here so these are the best choice for me I have found. Cant wait for you to turn it on !

12. The Following User Says Thank You to waterdawg12 For This Useful Post:

ironjustice (10-02-15)

Thanks

im dying for the tools to arrive so i can finish it and get her fired up.. and i agree about the roots, before i turn my x stream on and its just the moist air in the prop the roots that come out are fuzzy as fuck and grow fast... i would love to try fogponics, but i bet thats some work getting right lol

IJ

Thanks

I bought everything needed to do high pressure but got scared lol. Just to many things to go wrong imo. This seems to work out pretty good so far. I just turned it in tonight actually for the first time. Just starting to see the seedlings popping out of the rock wool so thought I'd better get things rocking. I have 16 spray heads going so if a few plug up things should still be good. Not sure if I mentioned but I did find I had to run pretty high ec levels compared to other systems. As for the sprayers, mine hit the netpots directly (well some of them lol) so not sure if thats a good thing or not, seemed to work ok last time lol. Keep us posted, its nice to see how others are doing! Have you decided what your running yet strain whys? I couldnt get my goto White Russian (supposedly something happened and its no longer available so I got some God bud, we'll see lol.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to waterdawg12 For This Useful Post:

ironjustice (15-02-15)

Thanks

Just wondering how your coming along?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to waterdawg12 For This Useful Post:

ironjustice (15-02-15)

Thanks

Hi waterdawg12... yes its coming on ok, as i say this is a mk1 version and just to see how it does... if it works ok then i will be happy... all thats left to do now is fit a couple of sealing glands and finish the res access hatch and the system can go into its home and the chiller connected etc... im gonnna say that tomorrow i shall be finished and the system will be running to make sure i works as it should.. cuts are ready to go, its a complete multi strain but all finish around the 10 week mark so it should pan out OK...

your way with the shallow tote has got my mind ticking and i am thinking that im going to have a bash at this method next.. and put the two channels and existing nft system and use that res for it, should work find and very little modification... and using the two existing really uuseful box totes that i am using as a base for a system like you are using and sticking a 70l tote that is 810mm x 620mm x 275 mm on top with 4 net pots and 4 x 360 degree sprayers around each plant so 16 in total, and have it drain back into one on he 84l main res... would lose me a few inches in headroom but as i plan to scrog it should be ok and will almost double my root space, from about 40l to 70l and will work well i think... but we will see, a few more drawings in order on paint lol will update with ics tomorrow.. need to find my jigsaw so i can cut the access hatch neatly in the lid...

anyway thanks for your interest.....

IJ

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ironjustice For This Useful Post:

imnice (16-02-15), McPuffin (16-02-15), Upton (28-03-15)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast