Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Being charged with conspiracy to supply and selling to friends.

Thanks

Default Being charged with conspiracy to supply and selling to friends.

First off, I'm in the UK.

Last March, my house was searched as the police believed that I was involved with a couple of people who had been arrested for growing weed in a warehouse. There were 240 plants in that warehouse. I knew nothing about this growing of weed and purely bought weed off them, in small amounts, for me.

When they searched my house, they found nothing, however they took my phone.

Today I received my "charges".

Th first one is that I am 'concerned' in the supplying of weed, and then it names 10 different people on my phone. These people are my friends and who merely borrowed a joint here and there off me. I never sold them any.

And the second charge is for "conspiring to supply (with the other two people arrested) an unspecified amount of cannabis to unspecified people.

I have a couple of questions;

1) What is an 'unspecified amount'? Does this mean that they can charge me for selling a joint, all the way to 10kg? Even though I knew nothing of it?

And

2) Can they charge me for selling weed when there's no proof of this and they have never found weed on me or in my property?

3) Am I just looking at a fine or something more? This is my first "offence"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flabdab For This Useful Post:

The budda (11-02-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

They have All sorts to charge us with now bro, even being concerned in the production of bud just gets harder everytime they have a think tank
    Can see it being more than a slap on the wrist for a first offence with no previous but it will really depend on the others your co defendants sounds like a serious load of plants bro , get yourself to a good solictors in the morning he will be able to read between the lines with you
    Best of luck bro

Up the irons

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

Flabdab (11-02-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Flabdab View Post

1) What is an 'unspecified amount'? Does this mean that they can charge me for selling a joint, all the way to 10kg? Even though I knew nothing of it?

And

2) Can they charge me for selling weed when there's no proof of this and they have never found weed on me or in my property?

3) Am I just looking at a fine or something more? This is my first "offence"
    1) an amount that is not specified covers everything form a crumb on the floor to a couple of tonne - I would like to see more on this ...as would my solicitor!

2) Yes

3) Don't know mate...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Donmitch0121 (11-02-15), IBHi (11-02-15), thenewguy42069 (28-08-16)

ganjagunman Guest

Solicitors all the way, everyone who grows tends to have friends who grow, and between friends people will supply (for no cash reward) a small amount to another friend in exchange for something else the other friend has grown, you try mine i try yours like. Trouble is if one person gets caught and the phone gets searched then anyone else on that phone to do with weed gets tarred with the same brush.

I presume you were not growing when they came to your house? If so that should stand you in good stead, but as these associates of yours with the 240 plants tread carefully with what you say to the police because if you turn around and say oh well I just bought small amounts from these guys, itl get back to them never trust the police because they wont think twice about dropping you in it and using you to secure a conviction against them and if there looking at being charged for that amount of plants then unless they are very good mates theyl have no qualms about dragging you down with them for saying you bought weed off them which then gives the police a genuine reason to do the guys for growing/supplying. Ive been turfed out of bed a few times for serious stuff, nothing drug related where 2/3/4 mates are involved and everyone maintains there story, if one person gets let off scot free and one gets 200 hours community service and one gets jail so be it. When it comes to crime or things where you will get nicked for its only wise to go down that road with people who are your true friends.

As said, solicitor all the way, and let us know how you get on

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,240 Times

I presume the 10 people mentioned are people who have asked you for weed? Did you reply? Did anyone ever use your phone & mention the grow & the amount of plants Flab?
    Bloody Scrogs Critical Kush Mentored By The Rebel M_C, Cos He's Street Tuff.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-s-street-tuff

Thanks

Cheers everyone.

Yep the 10 people on my phone are those that have asked me for weed. But nowhere in the messages does it mention the plants - because I genuinly knew nothing about them. I honestly didn't know.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Flabdab View Post
    Cheers everyone.

Yep the 10 people on my phone are those that have asked me for weed. But nowhere in the messages does it mention the plants - because I genuinly knew nothing about them. I honestly didn't know.
    I don't want to come across as an arsehole, but how did you know there was 240 plants in that warehouse? Was that a guess?

Ontopic:

1) What is an 'unspecified amount'? Does this mean that they can charge me for selling a joint, all the way to 10kg? Even though I knew nothing of it? - An unspecified amount to me seems as though they knew you've dealed cannabis wether that's you giving it away or selling it, they just don't know how much you've dealt, so if I was you, I'd keep my mouth shut until they PROVE that you have been dealing, and if so how much!...

And

2) Can they charge me for selling weed when there's no proof of this and they have never found weed on me or in my property? - If your phone messages imply that you've given/sold/exchanged cannabis for anything from a thanks to money to drugs then YES they are completely within their rights to charge you for supply. You've got to remember even though it's exciting to grow cannabis and supply your friends with the awesome smoke you've created, it is still illegal. And it has to be treated as such.

3) Am I just looking at a fine or something more? This is my first "offence" - Personally, it doesn't sound like they have much on you, other than your phone.. So if you know your phone is clean I don't even think they would be bothered about sending you to court ect, chances are you'll get a caution, unless you was involved in the warehouse grow? Or had any connection to the people growing there? IF you've got connections to the people growing there, and the police can prove that I'd expect your door to be coming off its hinges pretty soon. All in all I'd say you'll either get a fine, cs, or just a warning.

Remember, if you're dealing/giving away to friends ect do it the OLD way and stop using mobiles ect...
    My Wonderful world of mystery —> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rld-of-mystery

If I or anyone else has answered your question in the growing questions and answers section please mark it as "Answered". It helps keep the forum tidy!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

Donmitch0121 (11-02-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

U basically fucked IMO as when people get busted the first thing they do is grab the phones for info like they did with you
    Anything on that phone incriminate U are done that's all the evidence they need of selling weed or giving it to mates from a crumb to however much
    That's why U should have a lock on U phone and tapatalk a lock down to

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hmmm. There seems to be more to this than meets the eye but either way if your innocent remember the Defendant needs to show reasonable doubt of guilt. Whereas the Prosecution needs to prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt. Get legal representation and there's a good chance the prosecution will be dropped, too costly for minimal outcome. I hope it all works out well for you Flabdab.😎
    As SyRax so aptly mentioned, EVERYONE should keep the drug dealing and conversation off their mobiles.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Power For This Useful Post:

SkunkBudda403 (11-02-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FACE View Post
    U basically fucked IMO as when people get busted the first thing they do is grab the phones for info like they did with you
    Anything on that phone incriminate U are done that's all the evidence they need of selling weed or giving it to mates from a crumb to however much
    That's why U should have a lock on U phone and tapatalk a lock down to
    Lock in tapatalk?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast