Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Best drying method, for smell once dry?

Thanks

Exactly whati I do top results every time
    p
    Quote Originally Posted by ganjagunman View Post
    Been looking more into this lately and ive seen one way which I may try and thats to hang it from the stems, then when the smaller sticks snap but the larger stem just bends and doesnt break that is apparently the best time to strip the stems of buds and put them into jars. You then buy one of those small temp/humidity meters (£4 on the bay i paid) and you have to get it to stay around 60% humidity, any higher than 65% its too wet to be in the jar, any lower than 55% and its been dried too quick so you can either try put the moisture back in with those packs or take a chance with it Apparently after just 5 - 7 days this will give a good smell to the weed, its drying too quickly that kills the smell of the buds, as they still need to be partially damp when they go into the jar, its just knowing when to jar them as too early and youl get bud rot.. il have a bash

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thecherryman For This Useful Post:

Jesse Pinkman (26-06-15)

ganjagunman Guest

aye ive tried a few methods now

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

Jesse Pinkman (26-06-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ganjagunman View Post
    Got a good method now mate for smell and taste

I strip all the buds off the stem when I chop, then let them dry in a cardboard box in a dark cupboard for upto 5 days till they feel crisp on the outside, then put a few buds into a jar with a humidity meter. If the humidity is over 70% its too wet and needs another day in the box. Once the humidity drops below 70% I put the buds into jars, half fill each jar, rotate and air the jars daily every few hours, slowly the humidity drops over another week to around 60% or below, then i find the buds are perfect to smoke, smell great and taste and smoke is smooth and not harsh.
    Good to hear u sorted mate.

Do you just lamp and stack all the bud straight ontop of each other in ur box then dude or hang it all on string? Would of thought would get moldy if just all put in a pile in the box together straight after chop?
    Sounds a good routine u got though mate esp using those small humidity gizmos

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (27-06-15)

ganjagunman Guest

Ive got a collection of boxes that are like bigger and deeper than pizza boxes, same design though, all buds are on one level none are piled on top of each other yeah them mini meters are awesome.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (27-06-15), Jesse Pinkman (27-06-15)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5