Thread: MJ Prohibition Officially Ends Tuesday, 02/24/2015

Thanks

Default MJ Prohibition Officially Ends Tuesday, 02/24/2015

So for all Alaskans the day to end marijuana prohibition in the state has very nearly arrived. Citizens will be allowed to grow up to six plants in the privacy of their homes with up to three flowering at any one time and posses the marijuana produced on the premises where they were grown. Alaskans will also be able to transport and give away up to one ounce or six plants at a time. Of course the "rules" must be followed. Much debate has gone on since the passing of Proposition 2 in AK. The AK Congress has been in session and has been quick to try to establish how Prop. 2 might be implemented in the state. Both Houses of Congress in Alaska have proposed their own bills concerning the implementation of Prop. 2. After much debate on both the House and Senate Floors as well as various committees both House and Senate bills now closely mirror one another and a final bill is expected to pass both houses and soon become law. The current draft of Senate Bill 30 (SB 30) is posted here. Many Alaskans were concerned at first as it did not seem that legislators would go far enough to legalize as demanded by the citizens of AK. However the current draft of SB 30 seems to be shaping up nicely. IMO opinion however, there does still seem to be some gray areas. Especially when it comes to driving under the influence. One can read the proposed bill come to their own conclusions but it seems that if a person tests positive for marijuana then they could be held accountable for breaking the law and suffer penalties similar to those imposed for alcohol related DWI. I encourage everyone, especially Alaskans to read the attached material. It seems Alaska may be very close to getting most things right though. Please post your comments. Especially looking forward to hearing from fellow Alaskans.

Well the site will not allow me to post the PDF file for this as it is a little too big so here is the link.

(WorldWideWeb).legis.state.ak.us/basis/get_fulltext.asp?session=29&bill=SB30

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AK Grower For This Useful Post:

skunkby (08-08-15), The budda (23-02-15), uncleskunkle (02-04-15)

Thanks

Seriously. No comments? Don't be hating on a body just cause we have legalized. You too could move to Alaska.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,405 Times

Congratulations on the good news AKgrower!

I hope the rest of the world follows!

HERB IS A PLANT!

Heres my grow diary:
    RDWC - 6 PLANT - RQS CRITICAL BY FSM

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...t-acclaim-rdwc

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FunkySkunkyMonkey For This Useful Post:

uncleskunkle (02-04-15)

Thanks

Theres gonna be alot of half arsed snow men and snow angels now in alaska ? i wonder if we`l see a spin of series of gold rush ? "kush rush - Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by wert View Post
    i wonder if it will leave you a note ''dear john.....'' when it trundles off to the neighbors house that is growing with a 600w light instead of your 400w.........sneaky little ..........
    Fathers nearly silent fan and fillter modClick here

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Father jack For This Useful Post:

uncleskunkle (02-04-15)

Thanks

Lol. I don't know about the rest of Alaska. I live in an archipelago/rain forest. Search largest national forest in the US.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,496 Times

Fill that forest bro lol il be doing my best to fill the local one round here
    Great news for you guys man maybe some day the uk will follow

Up the irons

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

uncleskunkle (02-04-15)

Thanks

Wink

This all may be moot, the republican candidates for president promise that when elected they will begin enforcing Federal Marijuana laws in states that have legalized it.
    This is why banks will not fund MJ business and credit card companies won't process MJ sales. They quite rightly do not trust the Federal government not to prosecute them retroactively for violating Federal statutes.

This American presidential election is a pivot point for America, big things like invading other nations and small things like personal freedom to smoke. Sides are being chosen and hate is in the air.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Phaeton For This Useful Post:

Donmitch0121 (16-06-15)