Thread: Coffeeshop Abraxas had to close

Thanks
    Thanked 3 Times

Default Coffeeshop Abraxas had to close

It's sad that one of the best coffeeshops Abraxas had to close on 17th February. One of the employees had cocaine and MDMA in his/her pockets.

Thanks

That was gonna be one of my first stops. Gutted.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,672 Times

What a muppet by having that shit they have now lost others their jobs

Loved that cafe was only there a few months ago

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Donmitch0121 For This Useful Post:

M_C (01-04-15)

Thanks

From the website

As you may well have heard, the Gemeente and the mayor of Amsterdam closed the doors of Abraxas coffeeshop on the 17th february.

This is due to hard drugs being found on the premises during a coffeeshop police control in january.

The drugs were found on the belongings of a new employee which had been partying the previous night and was the amount of 0.49gr cocaine and 1.23gr MDMA.

Abraxas is now closed on the basis of Article 13b of the opium act which has been created in order to close drug houses. Part of the act states that a quantity of 0.5gr to 5gr could be classed as hard drugs being sold, delivered or present for this purpose. However this was not the case. Abraxas has had a zero tolerance policy on hard drugs since it opened its doors 24 years ago.

All employees are explained to in detail that of the house rules which are repeated at every meeting, however we can not monitor these kind of issues by stripsearching the employees every shift. Because of this, 28 employees are out of work due to the mistake of 1 person

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RossPa For This Useful Post:

Donmitch0121 (24-02-15)

Thanks

Read about this. She had it in her locker. Even tho they fired her they still closed it. Pretty sad. Abraxas was nice!

Thanks

They already reopened the coffeeshop or they still closed!? I'm planning to go to Amsterdam in October and I really wanna return there!

White Warg Guest

Default Abraxas has already reopened

Hey,

My first post here (I'll make an intro post soon) but I just wanted to say Abraxas is apparently already reopened.

It took 5 weeks and an appeal, but it has happened.

At the moment I cannot post youtube links, apparently, so on youtube search:

Abraxas Coffeeshop Re-Opens - Unfair Closure Appealed - Smokers Guide TV Amsterdam

Good news this!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to White Warg For This Useful Post:

M_C (17-09-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,368 Times

Guys I can confirm this! Abraxas has reopened it seems. Someone posted their latest menu on coffeeshopmenus recently.