Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is this mould?

Thanks

is it normal for the inside of buds to look this colour, pale off white. I'm pretty sure i've had plenty of bud before that's looked like this inside. White widow looks similar. Also, what are all those hairs all over it on the close ups? Don't look like trichs to me or is do they go like that after harvest. you can especially see them in the last pic

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 34,377 Times

to me that's mold. sorry

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oxy For This Useful Post:

The-Limey-Digit (26-02-15)

scoobyvince Guest

damn what happened there Tangy. Get them out the jars and seperate them.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scoobyvince For This Useful Post:

Donmitch0121 (25-02-15), Oxy (25-02-15), The-Limey-Digit (26-02-15)

scoobyvince Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
    you can try cut it all out fella,, yea remove the moldy bits ,, and keep the air moving,, get that rh down if you can ,, up lights off temps. but move that air..
    yeah but I think this happened while in the jars curing Oxy...maybe they were too damp.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoobyvince For This Useful Post:

Oxy (25-02-15), The-Limey-Digit (26-02-15)

Thanks

I dried it too quick I read that when the outside feels crispy it's ready to jar, and the stalks didn't seem far off snapping. So I just assumed it had dried quick, but there was still moisture in the center of the buds. I'm monitoring it closely I hope I don't have to throw it all away.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tangytaste For This Useful Post:

Oxy (25-02-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 34,377 Times

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyvince View Post
    yeah but I think this happened while in the jars curing Oxy...maybe they were too damp.
    my bad scoob cheers m8... tangy take all buds outta of the jars, lay them all on newspaper, for a day or two.. hope you don't lose shit loads mukka

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oxy For This Useful Post:

Billy Cotton (25-02-15), The-Limey-Digit (26-02-15)

Thanks

nasty looking that..... like the boys say we all get at least once.
    if i were you next time i would leave them drying under a 600 watt light/or fan heater for at least 3 days....crisp and dry not every ones cup of tea but then again nor is the mold.
    good luck for next time bro

SENSI SKUNK#1 SCROG GROW

“I’m like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn’t know what to do if I caught one, you know, I’d just do…things.”

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Cool

I had that same problem on my last grow. The only thing you can do is put them in the oven at 210 degrees for 20 minutes. That will kill all the mold, but want do anything to the THC. You have to get over 360 to kill the THC. good luck I then made hash out of mine, and put the powder hash back into the oven for another 20 minutes at 210 to make sure all mold was dead. I have since than smoke the hash and no ell effects, really good smoke.

Thanks

thanks for the help. I'll try the oven if it gets worse. I picked out llike 3 or 4 small buds that look like this, rest look fine. drying out some more now on tissue paper so might be alright yet. I hope anyway.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,381 Times

Next time mate, hang your buds for 5 days.
    They will still have a little moisture in the bud and slightly more in the stems.

At this stage, I then clip the buds from the stems, manicure and I put them in brown paper bags ( like what you get at kfc) for a further 2 days giving them the odd tumble now and again to keep them loose.

Then they go into the jars.
    I burp the jars for 15 mins every 12 hours for a further 7 days, then I leave them sealed.

You know you have it right mate when after the first few hours sealed in the jars, the buds rattle when you shake it.

If they go soft again, you have jarred to soon. Take them out, put back in the bags for a further 12 hours then try jarring again. Hope this helps in the future.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The-Limey-Digit For This Useful Post:

Donmitch0121 (26-02-15), GEORGE (26-02-15), groffy (31-03-15), M_C (26-02-15), Oxy (26-02-15)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast