Thread: switching to 12/12...

Thanks

Question switching to 12/12...

Hi guys Im growing 4 fem skunk #1s under a 125w cfl. I vegged for 4 weeks and repotted into 10ltr pots after leaving them to settle for the week im now at week 5 and ready to switch to 12/12 and starts my bio bizz nutes schedule. My plants are only around 30cms high altho there very bushy around the stem and all showing signs of flowering (little white hairs) should they be taller by now tho? Iv managed to get hold of another 125cfl from a friend i wondered if it would be useful adding this to my grow room? Was i right to veg for so long? After reading some diaries of ppl growing the same strain one guy only veged for 16 days?? Have i wasted time?? Will this have any probs with regards to how tall they wil grow now?
    should i just stop worrying lol? This is my first grow sorry for all the questions

thanks lisa

ME SMOKEM Guest

they are fine as long as you have the head room..plants can tripple in size when starting flower ...i always give mine 24 hrs of complete dark then start the 12/12.it helps them to convert to flower faster..also what are the Kelvins on the cfls you have...ussually you can get 6500 K for veg and 2700 k for flower...if you are geting another make sure it is lower spectrum...peace good luck and welcome to thc talk

ME SMOKEM Guest

P S remmeber dark time is dark time complete dark no light leaks or night peeks ...femminized seeds have a better chance of hermieing than reg seeds but all can hermie if streessed...have fun ..warning growing cannabis is addicting ....peace

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ME SMOKEM View Post
    P S remmeber dark time is dark time complete dark no light leaks or night peeks ...femminized seeds have a better chance of hermieing than reg seeds but all can hermie if streessed...have fun ..warning growing cannabis is addicting ....peace
    Sorry dont mean to hijack but my iussue is so relevant i thought better this than a pointless thread.Ive got 1 of mine thats been on 12/12 for a week,its female and hairs are just showing but i keep in a seperate cupboard for the 12 dark which is also where some of my clothes are and theres been a couple of occasions where ive opened it to grab a shirt and quickly realised and shut door quickly,the plant has a blanket draped over it also to prevent cupboar crack leakage etc.Will these VERY short flashes effect it?
    Also (sorry Lisa!),ive been told to look for hairs at nodes which i have but minute,ive got large hairs coming out of the main tops yet i was told first hair development is on lower nodes and that tops develpo later.Confused.
    Lisa ive thanked you as an apology for my hijack lol!
    It aint rocket science

Monty Bong Guest

In my experience short exposure to light doesn't have an adverse effect to flowering plants, as long as it's not a regular occurance. It's best not to do it at all, but if it's only a few secs at a time I think the plant will be okay. Regarding the pistals, yes in most cases you will see the first show around the nodes, but this is not set in stone, some will show first at the flowering tips.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,125 Times

i have never had a hermie plant and i spray my plant in flower in the dark, well with the room light on it generally take me about 20 mins to spary, my plants have never suffered any ill effects from this