Thread: Root smell in water farm

Thanks

Default Root smell in water farm

Just a quick one , I've got 3 10L waterfarms with Big Bidduah Cheese one in each farm . They are 3 weeks in to flower and have just notice one is starting to smell a bit bad from the roots and the blue drain pipe . I've took the plant out looking for root problems but all looks fine and this is the only one that's smelling like this .any help appreciated

Thanks

Forgot to mention it's an egg kinda smell and am using the top halo feeder and was using air stones but had to remove the air stone in the one which smells as the water was backing up through the drain pipe which I thought was the roots coving it as the roots are massive and nearly completely fill the farm . Thanks SSS

Thanks

i use advanced sensi zym its the same as voodoo juice.. this will keep your roots nice and white and no smell ....there is another product called great white shark....
    trust me i dont like 5 grows in a waterfarm .... buy a 250ml bottle it will last you at least 3 grows...once you get root rot your plant just stop growing and you should chop the brown roots off ....i use ph perfect nutes too if that also helps ...i dont even use a ph meter anymore....peace and good luck

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lousizzle For This Useful Post:

SuperSilverSurfer (08-03-15)

Thanks

Thanks lousizzle appreciate it , Im using advanced myself atm and still have a lot of voodoo juice left so can use that straight away . Would you say it sounds like the start of root rot that I'm getting because I checkd the root ball the other day and all looks white and healthy but still smells a bit .thanks SSS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperSilverSurfer For This Useful Post:

lousizzle (17-03-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,745 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSilverSurfer View Post
    Forgot to mention it's an egg kinda smell and am using the top halo feeder and was using air stones but had to remove the air stone in the one which smells as the water was backing up through the drain pipe which I thought was the roots coving it as the roots are massive and nearly completely fill the farm . Thanks SSS
    Is it only me who sees a link here?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

Do you think there's a link between the air stone being blocked and the smell like the roots arny getting enough air so are starting to smell . Same kind of symptoms as root rot .SSS

Thanks

i use a double pump and but i tee it to one line to double the power and one 4 inch stone i use a new one every grow for algae there only 2 bucks...and once the roots hit the water i get rid of the drip ring as they can drink when ever get it ... peace