Thread: When to harvest

Thanks

Default When to harvest

I lost the bit of paper that told me the seed's flowering time, so I'm not sure when to harvest.

I've been checking the trichomes and most of them are milky, but I noticed today some have already gone brown.

So should I still flush for 2 weeks, or would you recommend harvesting early? I didn't use much feed but I have been feeding them up until now.

I also have the problem that we're going away for a week in 3 weeks. So I won't be able to open and close the jars as I did last time. What would you recommend? Last time I went away for a bit but it was already 2 weeks into curing so I just put rice in the jars and that was fine.

Hoping to get someone's advice! Thank you

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,700 Times

When 40 percent have darkened and curled they are ready for Harvest or Harvest when 50-70% of hairs have darkened for highest levels of THC or Harvest when 70-90% of hairs have darkened for a more calming,anti-anxiety effect that's harvest time if your going on hols just do it early
    Last edited by satnavsatnav; 15-03-15 at 10:12 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satnavsatnav For This Useful Post:

emekush420 (16-03-15), GEORGE (24-03-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,685 Times

Hi mate...I would maybe start the flush when you got 10-20% Amber...well that's my plan anyway mate...I'll never go on the days provided..by the plant

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hedonistic Hippy For This Useful Post:

satnavsatnav (16-03-15)

Thanks

I harvest when 30-50% of the trichs have gone amber. I stagger my harvests, so I tend to get early, perfect, and a little late. Lol

As far as not being able to burp your jars, try Boveda packs. I use them in CVaults, but they'll probably work just as well in a mason jar.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,551 Times

A jewelers loupe my friends! Judge when the resin glands are cloudy. A little less or a little more cloudy depending on your desired effects. I have yet to get one so I can't really give a picture example

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bobrolo For This Useful Post:

DiamondSour27 (17-03-15)

Thanks

Use the free app on the android game place. It's a magnification and camera in one it's what I use to harvest my girls and it works BEAUTIFULLY makes my husband jelous considering I've got a Samsung s4 and he's got the iPhone 6 who's BTW camera is uncapable of taking these kinds of pics

Their not micro shots but they do the job perfectly and best of all the apps free ^_^
    Not trying to photo bomb your thread just showing what the apps capable of doing the better the camera the better the pics I would assime... except with the iPhone 6 lol the husband's can't even come close to my pictires! ^_^

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DiamondSour27 For This Useful Post:

bobrolo (17-03-15), dannygene (18-08-15), GEORGE (24-03-15), satnavsatnav (17-03-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,700 Times

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondSour27 View Post
    Use the free app on the android game place. It's a magnification and camera in one it's what I use to harvest my girls and it works BEAUTIFULLY makes my husband jelous considering I've got a Samsung s4 and he's got the iPhone 6 who's BTW camera is uncapable of taking these kinds of pics

Their not micro shots but they do the job perfectly and best of all the apps free ^_^
    Not trying to photo bomb your thread just showing what the apps capable of doing the better the camera the better the pics I would assime... except with the iPhone 6 lol the husband's can't even come close to my pictires! ^_^

Tell us the name of the app but no links cheers

Thanks

It's called MAGNIFIER PLUS HD made by C.P.S. it's got yellow and purple color markings with a magnification glass in the center works like a charm they've also got Tons of apps that measures the light power intensity the humid temp and something else all in one and that called the Samsung meters I beleive the appstore has so many apps I use with my groom j find it funny that there are people making them for us^_^

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondSour27 For This Useful Post:

dannygene (18-08-15)