Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ongoing dwc problems

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,685 Times

Default Ongoing dwc problems

Hi...please help...anyone... I'm growing a super lemon haze in a diy bubbler ... This girl has been giving me problems from day dot...firstly she is unbelievable light eater...it seemed all through growing no matter what I gave her she would burn.... She has now started showing a deficiency in the last week.... And don't say it's burn as I assure you it isn't.... Her ec is 0.7 with a background of 0.15 ec .... I set her ph @6.0 and let it drift between 5.6 and 6.2 .... I changed her res day before yesterday ec @ 0.7 ph @ 6.0 ...I checked her ph and ec last night and it was ph 5.5 and 0.82ec..so I reset her ph to 5.9...so her ph is dropping and the ec rising which I know indicates too strong feed which she is not...she's at 6 weeks true flower and has tiny buds compared to my cheese..I added the FIRST Canna pk13/14 dose @ 0.75ml/litre on Monday, had hoped that would sort her out..tbf it doesn't seem to have got worse..no better tho...Anyway here she is....

If someone needs more detailed photos or a pic of a particular part of the plant let me know..our any other info.... I have noticed the root ball isn't as white as it used to be but did expect that at this stage in flower....it's just a slight off white atm...
    Any help to get this sorted asap would be greatly appreciated...thanks..

Peace n smoke out...
    Last edited by Hedonistic Hippy; 19-03-15 at 06:44 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hedonistic Hippy For This Useful Post:

satnavsatnav (09-05-15)

Thanks

Could it be mag deficiency?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,700 Times

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,172 Times

It could be a root problem mate.. are you topping up with nutrient in between res changes and whats your water temperature? That said your back ground EC is low so it could be boron locking out calcium. If the water level is dropping i'd change res and lower the feed, if its static i'd change res and up the EC a tad.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Upton For This Useful Post:

Jesse Pinkman (10-05-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

Sounds like shes rejecting feed like a right fussy bitch.
    Whats the res temp? Have you plenty of DO?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satnavsatnav View Post
    A drop of call mag maybe needed MrD
    Read below
    Quote Originally Posted by Upton View Post
    It could be a root problem mate.. are you topping up with nutrient in between res changes and whats your water temperature? That said your back ground EC is low so it could be boron locking out calcium. If the water level is dropping i'd change res and lower the feed, if its static i'd change res and up the EC a tad.
    Read below
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Pinkman View Post
    Sounds like shes rejecting feed like a right fussy bitch.
    Whats the res temp? Have you plenty of DO?
    From last grow lads, took a clone tho n running her again in bat mix in my variety diary ...but she's still a fussy bitch, on half the feed as others and even the bat mix was a bit hot for her... Got clawing soon as I put her in it...dropping her after this.... Hey Jesse hopefully you can redeem me with the hydro later this year hey gonna run my trusty cheese clone,a plant I know very well now and takes anything you throw at her, flowers fast, huge , healthy root system and green till the end...Mon the mentoring

Peace n smoke out...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,172 Times

I'm in full flower and am feeding at a 1/4 of the recommended dose.. we should listen to the plant and ignore feed charts because nutrient companies are only after one thing, our cash.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Upton For This Useful Post:

FACE (10-05-15), ggotch (22-05-15), Hedonistic Hippy (10-05-15)

Thanks

Indeed, but I'm comparing her to other strains I'm growing n she's a royal pain in the arse for feed... She's one of those that's never happy lol ..I this is my second run with her...was hoping it was down to my dwc skills or lack of but no she's just a finicky bitch lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hedonistic Hippy For This Useful Post:

Upton (10-05-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

id run a Mycorrhizal feed to kick start its ability to balance its take on the nutes,and would probably run a course of molasses as well but thats personal,my plants seem to like the combo but ive no tech reason why.

if youve already sorted Mycorrhizal and its colonised your roots ill shut up.heh.

a thought,is the dwc system "clean",properly scrubbed and sterile?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

what does her roots look like?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast