Thread: Airport to Centraal or thereabouts, Rembrantplatzthingy?

Thanks

Question Airport to Centraal or thereabouts, Rembrantplatzthingy?

Ok, been a few times now, but never on an airplane.

Whats the scoop on getting to the centre of the city from Schiphol? Easiest without costing me the earth, and so I might be able to get back to the airport on Wednesday?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

The airport & train station are connected, just jump on the train... if memory serves me correctly it's about 4 Euro and 3 stops
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Brownlegs (25-03-15)

Thanks

I assumed it would be a doddle, and thank you for confirming my expectations.
    I'll try and photograph a coupla nice buds and some menus if I can while I'm there , never thought to take photos there before, other than campsite and bike and such

FANKU!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownlegs For This Useful Post:

M_C (25-03-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,368 Times

As M_C said the airport and train station are connected. Train platforms are kinda underneath the airport. Theres a big ticket desk which has yellow signs if I'm correct. You can get your ticket from there. Cost us €3.90 each the other week. Be warned they have peak and off peak times though I think. We got charged more on the way back to the airport but oddly enough the tickets added up to less. Think they applied a separate peak charger maybe

7. The Following User Says Thank You to reganlives For This Useful Post:

Brownlegs (26-03-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

If you have some Euro coins you can use the ticket machines which are faster as there ain't no queues

9. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Brownlegs (26-03-15)

Thanks

4 days to go, I have a little bit of gardening to do, then it is yipppeeekiiiyaaaaaaaay.
    I'm looking forward to the flight back, never flown with a good smoke in ma head

Thanks

well, I have, but only after a real good session, but I mean on a REAL airplane

Thanks

Pretty fast, take the train towards rotterdam centraal from schiphol. It will take you about 25 minutes (about 4 stops) and around 3 or 4 euros probs.