Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: are my plants ready?

Thanks

Unhappy are my plants ready?

my plants have been in flowering for 10 weeks now and they still dont look like they are ready to be cut. the buds at the bottom of the plant are still not developed but at the top look nice. this is my first grow and im stuck. im growing two brainstorm plants under one 125w bulb, which i think maybe where the problem lies. Can i cut the top of the plant now and the bottom when they're ready or does it all have to be done at the same time? Thanks for any help you can offer. peace

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

If you have a microscope or good magnifying glass then check out the trichromes(crystal bits on bud) and see what colour they are. If you don't have magnification then there's not much point in that, as they'll just look white, but if you do then they'll either be clear, cloudy, or amber and most people reckon you want to chop them when most(80%) of your trichs are going amber. If you don't have magnification then just judge by the hairs on the buds, are they all amber/orange?

And you can harvest the top buds and leave the bottom ones under your light. They'll flourish with not having so much shade over them all the time

Thanks

Just harvest the parts that are ready and leave those that need more time =D
    "There's at least one corner of the universe that you can allways improve, and that corner is yourself."

blurry-vision Guest

Give it one more week, 10 weeks is not that long especially so for cfl lights they typically take a week extra, also the flowering times the seed pack says is usually a good week or two out. Also lower buds do not get much light with cfl as the light penetration is poor, this is why its handy to add another cfl and use it as a lowered light to give the lower buds some light.

Thanks

yeah man, if your waiting for the lowers to be ready, then your tops are going to degrade or get rot...

You sure can cut the tops off and continue flowering the bottoms, but it could add alot of stress to your plant... I would just cut, and use the popcorn for butter or oil.

125w CFL isn't going to be able to penetrate deep enough usually only like 8-12 inches tops... Same with 250 HPS your looking at 18 inches of development tops...or so I have found

Thanks

thanks for the advise boys

Thanks

is it because i'm using a 125w light that the crop isn't that big and has taken so long, for the next grow i'm going to use a 600w hps to four plants, will this be enough?

Thanks

hiya wr you right pal thats why your crop isny large but you will get good bud fi the top of the plants,cfl light disny penetrate very far down,hps does.if your gonna buy a light for 4plants get a 400hps you can get 6under a 400 with a bit of squeeze.all the best and enjoy your crop.weed heed

Thanks

cheers dude, think i'll make some trimmings tomorrow, roll on next crop

Thanks

if you´re just growing 4 plants I think 400w with a good reflector is good.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast