Thread: Please recommend hotels

Thanks

Default Please recommend hotels

Hi guy's

I'm planning a trip to the dam in November for my Birthday and 5th wedding anniversary (day after my birthday so i dont forget ).
    Which hotels do you guys recommend, I would like some where in the centre but also some where not to overpriced.

Looking forward to you’re input.

All the best

VapeC85

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

It'll depend on your budget as to what would be classed as overpriced...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

VapeC85 (07-04-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    It'll depend on your budget as to what would be classed as overpriced...
    I'm planning 4 nights over there and i don’t really want to be spending more than around £600 max for the stay. I know there are websites with reviews and stuff but i thought i would ask you guys.

Thanks

That budget should nicely get you a 4 star hotel in the very center

6. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

VapeC85 (07-04-15)

Thanks

Judging by the quick bit of research i can get decent digs for about 400, Looking at the BEST WESTERN Dam Square Inn.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VapeC85 View Post
    Judging by the quick bit of research i can get decent digs for about 400, Looking at the BEST WESTERN Dam Square Inn.
    I fancy staying there sometime, gets good reviews... and just about backs onto a coffee shop too

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I fancy staying there sometime, gets good reviews... and just about backs onto a coffee shop too
    What more could we ask for

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,368 Times

Not very central but look up the westcord fashion hotel. Its very nice and high in the tripadvisor rankings. I stayed there a couple of years ago. Stayed at the golden tulip Amsterdam west a few weeks ago which is also nice. The more central 4 star hotels tend to be very expensive and not as good as the ones slightly out of the centre like the ones I've mentioned above which are very good for their price and standards.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to reganlives For This Useful Post:

M_C (07-04-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reganlives View Post
    Not very central but look up the westcord fashion hotel. Its very nice and high in the tripadvisor rankings. I stayed there a couple of years ago. Stayed at the golden tulip Amsterdam west a few weeks ago which is also nice. The more central 4 star hotels tend to be very expensive and not as good as the ones slightly out of the centre like the ones I've mentioned above which are very good for their price and standards.
    I'll have a gander at those mate, cheers

White Warg Guest

One place that has 4-star decor but 3-star prices, and just a short stumble from Centraal Station, is Hotel Sint Nicolaas. Free breakfast and a relaxed (patrons only) lounge/bar.

The two downsides are tram noise (if that bothers you) but you can fix that by asking for floor 3 or 4; and there's no aircon, so avoid during summer months but not an issue in November.

Check it out on any Booking TripAdvisor Expedia type site. Lots of photos so you'll see what I mean about being a cut above the other central 3* Hotels.