Thread: First time. Just a quick couple of questions.

Thanks

Default First time. Just a quick couple of questions.

Hi guys.
    First grow coming right to an end. Im thinking of cutting in a couple of days.
    Now to be honest this grow has gone at least x12million better than i was expecting.
    I am now finding myself worrying about the dry and cure. As i wasn't expecting the plant to look and smell so great.

I recently cut a small branch off. To test my little drying rack. and fan. All seems well. Good temps, Humidity is low in there, but, im guess once the fresh bud is in that will ramp up and create a pocket of humidity?
    Now to my question.
    Is it normal for the bud to smell a bit rubbish after cutting. During the drying process, and the smells will come back with the cure?
    Because my buds on the plant smell like heaven. The branch i cut of smells like that nasty homegrown you'd get at 14 years old haha.
    From what i understand the curing is a kind of fermentation process almost.

Also, my plan is. Early morning, prior to lights on. cut the stem. and start trimming. Bud left on their branches at this stage. Hung up upside down for two days to initially dry somewhat. Then whilst still on their branches but smaller sections, i have created a small set of drawers with the bottoms replaced with mesh and the sides of the draw set also so its very nice and airy, placed in the drawers to finish up drying. Then manicure and into LeParfait kilner jars. 1-2 days of regular burping, 1 week of less regular, then every other day or so.

Am i on a good track?
    Just very worried how the test bud i cut off has lost its smell so drastically.

Thanks guys and gals. Please help me not get this wrong!!!!!!!

Shed
    Last edited by theshedstudios; 16-04-15 at 08:17 PM. Reason: mistake :)

Thanks

Ps. I'm still not 100% confident on photo's. Any others have this? I'd like to share to get an opinion on whether i am right to harvest. But not sure of possible future consequences.

Shed

Thanks

I dry mine in my tent, fir about 10 days then it's goes into cardboard box which is aired out constantly till the stalks snap.
    I keep it cool, I keep plenty of fresh air flowing.
    The manky smell you describe will go away in time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkwing80 For This Useful Post:

satnavsatnav (16-04-15)

Thanks

The and taste comes out properly with good drying. I can't stress enough to.make sure you got good air flow.

I'm.not sure what you.mean about future consequences, but posting pics is normal on here and really helps people help you
    . Everyone's cool I've met so far.
    We are all in the same boat.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkwing80 For This Useful Post:

satnavsatnav (16-04-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,700 Times

Like the shed I to am coming to this stage an also a bit unclear so comments on it much appreciated

Thanks

Hey satnav, just had a good read through your thread, anxious to see your harvest.
    I'm thinking of cutting Monday morning. She had her last flush on Wednesday. All turning yellow as it should. So her nutes are running dry.
    I think I'm ready . well fingers crossed. I'll check back in on Monday

Shed

9. The Following User Says Thank You to theshedstudios For This Useful Post:

satnavsatnav (17-04-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,700 Times

Quote Originally Posted by theshedstudios View Post
    Hey satnav, just had a good read through your thread, anxious to see your harvest.
    I'm thinking of cutting Monday morning. She had her last flush on Wednesday. All turning yellow as it should. So her nutes are running dry.
    I think I'm ready . well fingers crossed. I'll check back in on Monday

Shed
    I wish you nothing but success matey. Bring on the bud

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,672 Times

Tbh lads i hung them up for about 5 days
    The smaller stems were snapping so into jars they went
    Within a week they stank!! In a good way and tasted amazing
    Dont over dry them and dont have them too moist

Thanks

I can report all has gone well. Yielding 35 grams of so far great tasting and great smelling flower.
    I used a cardboard box on its side so the top became the door. Poked a grid pattern of holes around the upper edge. Threaded gardening string forming the lines I hung the branches off. A fan on them on low providing a good breeze over them. Six days later I've just put them in jars.
    Very happy.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to theshedstudios For This Useful Post:

satnavsatnav (26-04-15)