Thread: Planning trip to the dam

Thanks

Default Planning trip to the dam

Hi guys,

Not been on here for a while. I'll give you a little info about me, I used to smoke weed a while back but stopped as I used to be constantly monged and couldn't function. I have a job and it wasn't practical as I wouldn't be able to carry on working. Anyways since I have stopped smoking my health has detariated, I have a condition called Ankylosing a Spondylitis which means the bones in my hips and spine fuse together which then effects the muscles from functioning properly. So I am in pain on a regular basis, and lately I have been having some depression which is shit on top of that. Anyways I want to try and start smoking weed again to relieve my pain and help my mental health. I am planning a trip to Amsterdam with my girlfriend where we are going to try some different strains, and hopefully will try growing some when we get back if we find something we both like. My girlfriend has severe anxiety also, so she is looking for something to help her with that. So what I'm looking for myself in a strain is this:

Pain reliever
    Helps with mental health
    Relaxes muscles
    Still let's me function normally

And my girlfriend is looking for help with her anxiety.

So I don't know if there is a strain we could try that would suit us both or if there is a particular one we should try each. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My girlfriend has been told to try strawberry cough, but looking at menus online I can only see strawberry kush. Also guys ideally I'd prefer not to grow it myself unless I absolutely had to but is there anywhere you can buy medicinal weed in the uk, obviously I know it's not legal but all I can get is cheese where I'm from and I just can not function with it. Just turns me into a couch potato.

Thanks for reading

Thanks

Ken estes Grand daddy purp. I love this strain there is pain relief, no anxiety, and its a all day long smoke, it actually makes me want to do stuff and just has a real calming effect on me.

Thanks

Hi DougFunny (great name, great show) I'm no expert but for pain relief and no anxiety you need to be using an indica.
    Just in case your not familiar, I'm sure you are, but sativas give you a "head high" and tend to be more uplifting strains, indicas are more a "body high" and are great for aches, pains and good for those prone to anxiety. Most coffee shops will have indicas, sativas and hash seperate on their menus but otherwise just feel free to ask which of the strains on the menu are indica. Hope this helps, as for recommending an individual strain I can't really comment, but if you haven't smoked for a while, as I say, stick to a mild to mid indica (usually you can tell the strength based on the prices, that's how I get by anyway. A strain that's selling for 8euros a gram will always be less potent than say a strain that's selling for 12euro a gram

If I haven't been clear enough or you have any other questions then feel free to ask, I'll do my best to help and I'm sure the guys on here will too.

Enjoy your trip to Amsterdam, going for my birthday this October, gonna be SWEEEEET

White Warg Guest

Hopefully you'll get this message in time so you can have a thought about it.

You should look up "CBD" strains (those with high cannabidiol) these are the strains known for good medical effects.

One example of high CBC is RED CHERRY BERRY which was on Barney's Coffeeshop menu as of July 2015. It is Indica based, has relatively high CBC content, but is not overly-strong on THC meaning you should be able to function on it.

In other coffeeshops do not hesitate to ask about medical and CBC strains. The budtender is there to serve you.