Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PC Grow Box - Heat Problems

ganjagunman Guest

Try turning your two intake fans around and see if that cures the problem, so all three fans are sucking out/extracting. If so then you need bigger fans.

Thanks

If you don't have the right wattage on your plug in for the computer fan it can make the fan spin slower too.

The Duder's Super Skunk Fem HID Grow Diary - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070408972

The Duder's Mandarin Kush LED PC Grow Diary - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070408986

"A bowl a day keeps the doctor away"

Thanks

It also helped when I purchased a 120mm fan and aimed it directly at the CFL which fixed the problem

Thanks

I think airflow is underrated when it comes to micro-box planning.

My goal is to ensure that air has a straight line/path through your box, to exchange as much as possible.

If your setup has one fan on the ground, and one fan at the top, you're going to be swirling the air around your box which allows warm/hot air to build up.

In larger rooms/boxes, people recommend passive intake at the bottom of the box, but in micro-boxes I've found I manage heat a lot better when there's an active intake, an active exhaust, and when they are lined up near the top... This allows you to do away with the interior fan blowing air over your plants and strengthening your plant's stalks, while simultaneously exhausting the hottest air in your grow chamber.

Here's an example of how my PC is setup... Note the plexiglass separating the light chamber from the grow chamber. This will obviously also make a huge difference.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to smacka For This Useful Post:

jpsmoker840 (07-09-15)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2