Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: PC GrowBox - Auto Durban Poison, Auto Jack Herer

Thanks

Update: HARVEST

As some of you may know I got rid of the Durban Poison as it died front heat and light burn, got a lot of work to do to my PC Box before next grow. Jack Herer Auto was a resilient mo'fucka tho and hes harvested and drying - heres a pic of him after he was cut down

What do you all think I will get from her in weight?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jpsmoker840 For This Useful Post:

Despoina (31-10-15), EaZiE (28-10-15), listenbelchior (17-01-16), TheDuder (19-01-16), Thrasherdude (17-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,179 Times

Probably a henry mate. They lose like 70% of weiggt when drying.
    A daughter at best

Ez DuZ iT

Shout out to the Boss Man Erburt!
    [CENTER] "Lol if you aint got a shitty plant once in a while you ain't growing"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EaZiE For This Useful Post:

smacka (29-10-15), TheDuder (19-01-16), Thrasherdude (28-10-15)

Thanks

Damn, haha. Eventually my aim is to get 1oz between my 2 plants. One plant died so would be ecstatic with 0.5oz. However this is my first grow and obviously I have a lot to learn

Drying should be done by weekend, will post exact weight soon. Hopefully your wrong, but I doubt you are...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpsmoker840 For This Useful Post:

smacka (29-10-15), TheDuder (19-01-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EaZiE View Post
    Probably a henry mate. Daughter at best.
    I agree, though I hadn't ever heard this slang and had to look up both terms.

I'm guessing 4gr–5gr. Not bad for a first-time PC grow, to be honest.

What are your plans to fix your heat issues in the future?
    Come along for the ride as I run through a full cycle of a Perpetual PC Case - 12/12 From Seed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to smacka For This Useful Post:

TheDuder (19-01-16)

Thanks

Congratulations! Hope she smokes as good as she looks jp

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Despoina For This Useful Post:

TheDuder (19-01-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smacka View Post
    I agree, though I hadn't ever heard this slang and had to look up both terms.

I'm guessing 4gr–5gr. Not bad for a first-time PC grow, to be honest.

What are your plans to fix your heat issues in the future?
    I'm going to remove my 200w CFL and replace it with a COB LED Grow Light.

I am also going to remove 2 of the intake fans so there is negative pressure in the PC Grow Box. Due to 3 x intake fans and only 1 x out take fan the hot air was just flying around the box and certain areas were hot spots and burnt leaves. The LED light will be cooler and will give my pants another 4/5cm of space too. The carbon scrubber will also work better as no excess air will be trying to escape through holes etc

I've learnt a lot from the first grow, cant wait for my second! going to purchase the LED Soon and then do another grow out - will post up a new thread when I begin

Cheers Dudes
    JP
    Last edited by M_C; 12-11-15 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Link removal

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jpsmoker840 For This Useful Post:

smacka (02-11-15), TheDuder (19-01-16), Thrasherdude (02-11-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmoker840 View Post
    I'm going to remove my 200w CFL and replace it with a COB LED Grow Light. http://www.prakasa.co.uk/100w-cob-le...um-by-prakasar

I am also going to remove 2 of the intake fans so there is negative pressure in the PC Grow Box. Due to 3 x intake fans and only 1 x out take fan the hot air was just flying around the box and certain areas were hot spots and burnt leaves. The LED light will be cooler and will give my pants another 4/5cm of space too. The carbon scrubber will also work better as no excess air will be trying to escape through holes etc

I've learnt a lot from the first grow, cant wait for my second! going to purchase the LED Soon and then do another grow out - will post up a new thread when I begin

Cheers Dudes
    JP
    Woohoo!

Great to hear you're stepping into LED territory. I've been nervous to pull the trigger on one because I thought they needed to be 18"+ away from the canopy. Is that not the case?

Looks like a great light regardless!

I totally agree with your understanding of the airflow. I think that people often regurgitate "common knowledge" from larger grows and that micro grows/PC Cases have their own considerations. In this case, I don't think there's enough room for air to be blowing around. Because of this I try to build a straight-shot wind tunnel that goes horizontal across the canopy and out the back.

Any chance we could convince you to pop a new girl in there with CFL's and then just swap out the LED when it arrives?

Here's to hoping you learn as much from your second, third, fourth and fifth grow as you did from your first. I'm learning a lot, too. Keep up the good work matey!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smacka For This Useful Post:

jpsmoker840 (02-11-15), TheDuder (19-01-16)

Thanks

Cheers Smacka!!

I was doing some reading and some people do say that but I stumbled across this PC Grow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK75...ndex=1&list=WL

The guys grow made me think, fuck it i'll take the jump - if it doesn't work I can always go back to CFL. Im currently having all kinds of heat problems with the CFL's as it is now and this dude talks about negative pressure which made me think about my intake/out take fans all over again. Its exactly like you said, wind tunnel!! I basically had a 120mm fan blowing on my CFL to cool it down which it did BUT it blew the hot air back into my PC Grow box making random heat spots around.

I've deffo learnt a lot and I'm loving it!! Really enjoying the technical aspect of it to, getting it all 'just right' is part of the fun!!

Take it steady
    JP

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jpsmoker840 For This Useful Post:

TheDuder (19-01-16)

Thanks

UPDATE

After harvest of the Jack Herer I soon ran into mould problems during the curing phase, this was due to my lack of knowledge and some VERY low heats in my "drying area" that weren't drying anything so then curing in jars just caused mould.

Onwards and upwards I am well into my 2nd grow and its going much better, I switched to LED in my PC Grow Box and both plants are alive and healthy. I started a diary over in the LED Grow Diary section which can be found here - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ED-PC-Grow-Box

Any feedback appreciated
    Cheers
    JP

Thanks

Pc grow box waste of time i think.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast