Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vaporizing then using the remains for making cannabutter......

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,725 Times

Wow

I'm surprised you find the davinci so poor. Try grinding your bud fine and pack it tight. Take a few practice draws before you turn it on to make sure you can draw well.

I've found doing the above two things will give you dense clouds of vape with most strains.

It's also worth it to crank up the heat. I put mine on 395 to 405 depending on which one of my three I use. I can get five full uses on a charge, but usually recharge after three uses.

I've found the only variation between the three I have is heat temp. Batteries all last the same and I have 3 years on my oldest unit.

They do get better vapes with age, I suspect it takes a while for all the little gaps to fill with oil.

Oh yeah, I don't use the screens don't know where they go maybe that's your problem drawing. I use them my units about 20 times each before I pull the glass and clean it.
    Last edited by Jingo; 25-07-15 at 11:22 PM.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

Thanks

As far as butter goes, don't waste your time. It's well spent by the time your done.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    Wow

I'm surprised you find the davinci so poor. Try grinding your bud fine and pack it tight. Take a few practice draws before you turn it on to make sure you can draw well.

I've found doing the above two things will give you dense clouds of vape with most strains.

It's also worth it to crank up the heat. I put mine on 395 to 405 depending on which one of my three I use. I can get five full uses on a charge, but usually recharge after three uses.

I've found the only variation between the three I have is heat temp. Batteries all last the same and I have 3 years on my oldest unit.

They do get better vapes with age, I suspect it takes a while for all the little gaps to fill with oil.

Oh yeah, I don't use the screens don't know where they go maybe that's your problem drawing. I use them my units about 20 times each before I pull the glass and clean it.
    Ey Up Jingo, You have three Ascents?....Why?
    I packed the bowl loose and tried it packed tight and to be honest mate I found it worked better loose and never bothered with the screens either. After a bit of experimenting I found that starting at 390 and then increasing to 430 for the last few minutes worked best for me. I prefered to feel a bit of heat come through rather than having a cool hit but I think that's more to do with missing the harsher hit from smoking.
    Anyroad, It's gone
    Last edited by fylde_coast_pies; 25-07-15 at 11:35 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fylde_coast_pies View Post
    Ey Up Jingo, You have three Ascents?....Why?
    I packed the bowl loose and tried it packed tight and to be honest mate I found it worked better loose and never bothered with the screens either. After a bit of experimenting I found that starting at 390 and then increasing to 430 for the last few minutes worked best for me. I prefered to feel a bit of heat come through rather than having a cool hit but I think that's more to do with missing the harsher hit from smoking.
    Anyroad, It's gone
    I have 3 ascents for my tolerance. I would hit two back to back and have one charging. I bet my first one has 700 cycles charging and still holds a charge like the new ones.

Truth be told I'm doing more and more dabs and hash these days cause my tolerance has gotten so high.

organicmagic Guest

Interesting thread, I started vaping just over a year ago and went from a magic flight box to the stotz and Bickel plenty which I find awesome. I can't bring myself to throw away the remains so have stored them in a jar and then when I went to the headshop to get Bacci substitute and found it had increased in price (significantly) I thought I might try the remains as a sub. It doesn't taste amazing but neither does bacci or other subs. It's got no Chems and no nicotine but I wouldn't use it for anything else.

I know exactly what you mean about wanting that hit on your throat, I also feel cheated if I don't get it. With the plenty you get that wack easily if you go straight to a high temp but I found out the other day that different cannabinoids become active at different temps so it's best to start lower and increase with every heat up. It seems to work and makes the bud last longer than if I just blast it straight out the gates.

Thanks

Default Down in Joe's Garage, We didn't have no Dope or LSD but a couple of quarts a'beer....

Quick update,....... My Storz & Bickel Crafty arrived yesterday morning

Different animal this one. First thing you notice when you take it out of the box is how light the unit is. Take off the top piece and see how it works and how simple the design is and your heart starts to beat faster in anticipation...........It doesn't disappoint!!!
    I think the filling tool's a cracking little idea and a full bowl worked out to be about half the amount that I'd normally roll a spliff with. Storz & Bickel have used quality materials building this, straight out of the box and loaded up, the only thing you taste is your herb. There's no taste of any residual manufacturing chemicals and certainly no plastic taste to the vapour.
    The draw is easy and cool. So far, I've been using the preset temperature settings. 356 degree's F. and 383 degree's F. after you boost it. When I get round to it I'd like to increase the temps slightly but even as it is, the unit produces thick clouds of vapour and POW!!! It delivers a back handed slap I spent a lovely day sat in the sun in the back garden. Test Match Special in the morning, listening to Australia obligingly make way for an uninterrupted afternoons return to the football season. I kept it on charge between sessions and spent the day as stoned as a monkey.
    The only other vaporizer I've used is the Ascent by Davinci, and while it's undoubtedly a quality piece, in my opinion it doesn't compare with the Crafty! The Crafty uses a convection method which doesn't roast your herbs like the Davinci does. I noticed with the Ascent that at higher temperatures the smell coming from the unit was quite strong and to be honest, it's not the best smell in the world. With the Crafty you get none of this and with it using mainly convection heating it just seems much cleaner.
    £191 I paid for it off Amazon, cheapest I could find it new....Worth every penny! If your new to vaping and trying to make up your mind what to buy, Buy the Crafty or the Mighty. It might be a couple of Bob more but Storz & Bickel are quality!
    Last edited by fylde_coast_pies; 09-08-15 at 05:43 AM.

organicmagic Guest

Thanks for the update FCP. I'm going to looking into it at some point for a portable vape. I love my plenty and as the have similar parts I know it will be quality. You get what you pay for here. Enjoy the vaping

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    As far as butter goes, don't waste your time. It's well spent by the time your done.
    I gave up baccy and started vaping a couple weeks ago. It's changed my life. Smoking just feels heavy and dirty now. I use an arizer extreme q at home and was trying to decide between da vinci or crafty or arizer solo for out and about. But anyway yesterday I used my avb in some brownies and I was very stoned all day. Fell to sleep at 9. I only ever vape to 200 max. 210 on display. And what was left definately works. So it's not well spent when I'm done. So every weekend I will eat what I vaped all week. Works for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rps20150824_132237.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	306977  
    Begginers luck is on my side. For now. I hope.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kellya86 For This Useful Post:

Valentina (28-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

Arizer Air here,came from an iolite gas gun.
    Air is the best proper portable ive had,mainly due to it using same 18650 bats as my ecig,hence theres always a "working" vapouriser night or day.nice selection of bowls n tubes and hits very well on low or high settings,decent bud tastes great,streetweed is a bit meh though,tasting what it really is i guess(not that any here use streetweed i hope )

Far as making clouds go,a comment i read earlier,if its making a large cloud of exhale then the thc is floating around outside you and not where its sposed to be,inside you,and is a complete waste imo when using a portable.

want clouds, do a bong etc

Thanks

I am torn between the arizer air/solo or the crafty. I love my extreme q so want to stay with arizer but reviews say it's hard to draw on the solo, and the air is hot and harsh. What do you think of this. I have no respiratory problems.
    Also is the solo and air convection.?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast